Aircraft Disconnect

Reaction score
I'm nearing the end of a nearly week long video safari to central and southern Utah and it looks like I should have some pretty good stuff for editing when I get back, but I had my first disconnect in flight today with the P4P -- in fact it happened twice. I was able to recover and get her home safely, but I'm not sure why it did so. I was not too far away, certainly less than half a mile, and there wasn't anything in the way that could explain it. I got the message and the FPV froze and went black and white but fortunately after about 3 or 4 seconds it came back. It did it a second time in the same general area but a bit closer so I have to guess there was some noise source that interrupted the comm link.

Anyway, I think I got some pretty good stuff today and today was the busiest day with 6 flights and a bit over 2 hours total airtime. In addition, I have about 30 minutes of 4K video from my Panasonic G85 and with another day or so I could have 3 hours of 4K video to work over in the coming weeks.

Brian

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Can't wait to see your southern Utah stuff Brian! I just got back from Salt Lake and Vegas at The Nab Show myself. Flew some very cool stuff in Southern Utah for sure! Oh and btw, I had a couple of disconnects as well. But mine were from being too far behind some rock formations. Bird worked perfectly! RTH and then I just cancel as soon as it came back up on Ipad.

I'm nearing the end of a nearly week long video safari to central and southern Utah and it looks like I should have some pretty good stuff for editing when I get back, but I had my first disconnect in flight today with the P4P -- in fact it happened twice. I was able to recover and get her home safely, but I'm not sure why it did so. I was not too far away, certainly less than half a mile, and there wasn't anything in the way that could explain it. I got the message and the FPV froze and went black and white but fortunately after about 3 or 4 seconds it came back. It did it a second time in the same general area but a bit closer so I have to guess there was some noise source that interrupted the comm link.

Anyway, I think I got some pretty good stuff today and today was the busiest day with 6 flights and a bit over 2 hours total airtime. In addition, I have about 30 minutes of 4K video from my Panasonic G85 and with another day or so I could have 3 hours of 4K video to work over in the coming weeks.

Brian
HI stupid question usb might be bit funny,,try another cord:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka