After replacing front left ESC this happens...

If I'm not mistaken, different versions of the ESCs do different number of beeps at startup.

I had the 4 beeps at one time while turning on the phantom and not having the remote on,
so after that i turn the remote on first and haven't had it beep like that.
but, i'm very new at this, and it was a hunch

That's normal.

That's what happens on the Phantom Vision 2 (non plus) to indicate everything is OK with the ESC. The ESCs are the same between these two Phantoms, except for the beep.

I've replaced mine as well so now I also get the four beeps from that ESC. Each ESC will beep independently. So if you don't get 4 beeps, something is not right.

ilovecoffee said:
That's normal.

That's what happens on the Phantom Vision 2 (non plus) to indicate everything is OK with the ESC. The ESCs are the same between these two Phantoms, except for the beep.

I've replaced mine as well so now I also get the four beeps from that ESC. Each ESC will beep independently. So if you don't get 4 beeps, something is not right.

Ok, because it didn't do this before I replaced it. So for example if I replaced all 4 Esc's then would they all beep 4 times and light up red like that?

It's due to the different (firmware) versions of the ESC. Older ones have extra 4 beeps; newer ones don't. The lighting is also different.

You will probably find that that ESC you just replaced on the white sticker it is a version 2.1 and on your other ESC they are version 2.0 . Completely acceptable. The 2.1 is just a newer firmware. Will work fine mixed. That is probably the reason you are seeing a difference. As long as your motors start and stop at the same time from idle and full throttle you should be in good shap to fly.

above comments are correct. different fw esc's in the same bird will do that, however test one thing right away, get the video
on your mobile device and turn on the motors.
do you loose video or is it still there? it happens on occasion because of different fw escs

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94