Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. LJCF

I am interested in flying relatively large areas and taking vertical images, then stitching them together into a large aerial image. Ideally, I would also be able to ortho rectify these (basically like professional aerial photogrammetry) with known high accuracy (x,y,z) base points on the ground.

I have seen some online services and software, but it seems to be oriented more towards a handful of pictures for creating panoramas, etc. I am talking literally hundreds of images.

Does anyone have knowledge here on appropriate software, or even service entities that you could send your images to and have them processed?

2. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Drone Deploy can handle this type of work. There are several. Search the forum for "Mapping" and you should find some hits.

3. JAC_83

Agisoft Photoscan
    Pix4d
    Context Capture
    Autodesk Recap

4. FlipFlap

Photoshop does it well - Choose File > Automate > Photomerge and pick your option

5. Sinisalo

I like Drone Deploy and Altizure, you can use the images you take with The Altizure app in the dronedeploy, Altizure, or Pix4d rendering methods. Pix4d is not as practical unless you have a beast of a computer as you do the rendering locally, the other two you upload the images to their website and they process them for you. I think dronedeploy is the only one with measurement tools though

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots