Advanced Drops from SKY

Sorry for confusion - here is what I believe to be the log
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
or

@alexdalley you succeeded to generate an excellent thread, that brings to surface a lot of knowledge, thanks to our forum mates :)

Since an image speaks for itself, here is the Battery Info report from your flight log (HealthyDrones /Airdata courtesy).

AlexDalley_2017-04-23_bat_telemetry_malfunction.png

I guess no one may pretend the overall temp & voltage hasn't changed at all during the 2 mins flight, with the battery already heated to 40C due to the previous flight, hence we speak of a telemetry failure.

But there is a bitter true @Numone shared about LiPo batteries, that these should be used in one-time sessions, then recharged back to their max capacity.

And this brings a mandatory design corrective action to the powering concept, in terms that the overall voltage telemetry (not per cells) should come too from the main ESC board, where the voltage value will be compared to the one from the actually existing battery telemetry. If this 2nd checking had existed, then the Go app would warn you that something is wrong with the battery telemetry, and you're actually going soon to have no power left.

Last edited:
Reactions: Numone
Yep something like that could work. Whether this issue happens often enough to warrant the cost and effort of implementing is another matter. I guess DJI could more easily just check key metrics like voltage / temperature over time in the AC firmware & if they aren't varying (as in this case) report to software app.

@alexdalley you succeeded to generate an excellent thread, that brings to surface a lot of knowledge, thanks to our forum mates :)

Since an image speaks for itself, here is the Battery Info report from your flight log (HealthyDrones /Airdata courtesy).

View attachment 81345

I guess no one may pretend the overall temp & voltage hasn't changed at all during the 2 mins flight, with the battery already heated to 40C due to the previous flight, hence we speak of a telemetry failure.

But there is a bitter true @Numone shared about LiPo batteries, that these should be used in one-time sessions, then recharged back to their max capacity.

And this brings a mandatory design corrective action to the powering concept, in terms that the overall voltage telemetry (not per cells) should come too from the main ESC board, where the voltage value will be compared to the one from the actually existing battery telemetry. If this 2nd checking had existed, then the Go app would warn you that something is wrong with the battery telemetry, and you're actually going soon to have no power left.
No need for an algorithm to try and detect that the battery is not reporting it's data. There is already a signal in the .txt called SMART_Battery.status that will have the value commError. I'm not sure if this is shown in the Go App but, since it exists in the .txt, the Go App has access to this signal.

Reactions: Quest-So
@BudWalker good to know. Well, in this case the case is even stranger, isn't it ?

Off-topic, I'm using your DatCon 2.4.5 (remarkable work, thanks). I do intend to install Dashware, is it meaning I should uninstall this version of DatCon and revert to the older but recommended 2.3.0 ?

@BudWalker good to know. Well, in this case the case is even stranger, isn't it ?

Off-topic, I'm using your DatCon 2.4.5 (remarkable work, thanks). I do intend to install Dashware, is it meaning I should uninstall this version of DatCon and revert to the older but recommended 2.3.0 ?
Depends on your level of expertise with Dashware. Version 2.3.0 makes it easy to use the supplied Dashware profile. Even I can manage to use Dashware with this version. With later versions you may have to modify the .csv and/or the profile. The person who created the profile is no longer involved in the project. I don't know much about Dashware and never use it so I can't support it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures