Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Add shutter release and rec start buttons to RC...

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Jarkko Sydänmaanlakka, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Jarkko Sydänmaanlakka

Since I saw the inspire RC I have wanted dedicated buttons for shutter release and rec start. Yesterday I tested if one could use (on android tablet or phone) an app called sixaxis controller to map playstation controller buttons to emulate screen touch and yes, it worked! :)

Now I just have to buy a cheap psx controller, gut it and solder the needed buttons to the pcb, install the pcb inside the controller and mount the buttons to the RC.
    I thought that the best place for the buttons would be on the back of the controller, just like on the P3 and inspire RC.
    I will be using usb cable to connect the controller to my tablet. Any ideas or suggestions? I just hope that there is enough space inside the RC to house the psx controller pcb.....

2. MapMaker53

Sounds like an interesting project and mod. Please take pictures along the way for a possible future tutorial on how to do it. Good luck.

3. kickthefences

This prject has been posted by me and later revealed by dbs almost a year go now

4. Jarkko Sydänmaanlakka

Ok, I thought that I invented something revolutionary but you were faster :-D

5. Jarkko Sydänmaanlakka

OK. I have now modified my controller and I must say it ended up looking quite nice. On the back there is video REC and camera buttons and on the front side BT on and map/fpv button.

RCmodified.jpg

#5 Jarkko Sydänmaanlakka, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015