Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

A personal distance record over the Pacific Ocean

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by finlayson, Aug 4, 2014.

1. finlayson

From the top of a cliff in northern California, I set a personal distance record of more than 4,800 feet (using a stock Phantom Vision 2+). (Unfortunately I forgot to get an iPhone screenshot to prove it :) Just a few hundred feet more, and I would have passed over the fishing boats that I was chasing!

(Warning: Long video (7min 25s). This is a "Watch It On A Big Screen While You Sit Back And Eat Dinner" type of video.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMQ0llRHFOI

Ross.

2. Dizzy Lizzard

Over water and a deliberate loss of signal. You got some "huevos rancheros" there for sure!

Nice video

3. Clipper707

impressive

4. Lithium12.6

Trying out record over water? OMG. For decades I am seing that cement factory, it is one ugly structure :lol:
    But your video is amazing. Thank you to show how it should be. Greetings from the Bay Area!

5. finlayson

It wasn't as risky as one might first think. I had a full battery, and there was an onshore breeze - so I was confident that as long as the Phantom did its RTH correctly, it would come back OK. As long as the Phantom didn't get homesick and decide to do a RTC (Return To China :) instead, then no problem...

Ross.