A handy addition to your tool kit

If you're referring to the one where he laminates a few pieces of plywood together, then drills and cuts a square hole, I saw it. I was able to accomplish the same results by just clamping my bent gimbal arm to my bench with a piece of HDMW plastic (to protect the finish) and a C clamp. The straightening part is fairly simple, but it's ensuring that the diagonal distance between the shaft holes and squareness of the original design is achieved. That's what I have in mind for my gage idea. Might be time to dust off the 3D printer and fire up AutoCAD or Solidworks. Jeez! Just thinking about this has tired me OUT!

One unrelated question, though. Is there an online source that shows the parts breakdown with part numbers for the P2's? I haven't found one so far, but really haven't spent a great deal of time searching.

No I haven't seen anything on youtube. But since B&H is an authorized dealer I use them as they carry all the accessories. Type in DJI Phantom 2 accessories.

Yes that was the video I was referring to.

If you're referring to the one where he laminates a few pieces of plywood together, then drills and cuts a square hole, I saw it. I was able to accomplish the same results by just clamping my bent gimbal arm to my bench with a piece of HDMW plastic (to protect the finish) and a C clamp. The straightening part is fairly simple, but it's ensuring that the diagonal distance between the shaft holes and squareness of the original design is achieved. That's what I have in mind for my gage idea. Might be time to dust off the 3D printer and fire up AutoCAD or Solidworks. Jeez! Just thinking about this has tired me OUT!

One unrelated question, though. Is there an online source that shows the parts breakdown with part numbers for the P2's? I haven't found one so far, but really haven't spent a great deal of time searching.

Did you remove the horizontal arm completely off ??

I took that gem right down to its birthday suit, except for the flat cabling that was secured with an adhesive. I was really trying to avoid damaging it while I went after the straightening task. Next time I will be a LOT more careful, but will make sure that I have a spare cable on hand in the parts box.

Did you remove the horizontal arm completely off ??

gimbal-1.jpg

gimbal-4.jpg

gimbal-3.jpg

I took that gem right down to its birthday suit, except for the flat cabling that was secured with an adhesive. I was really trying to avoid damaging it while I went after the straightening task. Next time I will be a LOT more careful, but will make sure that I have a spare cable on hand in the parts box.

Ok. Is the shaft on the horizontal motor indexed for the screw or is it just a pressure set screw holding to the motors shaft.

Ok. Is the shaft on the horizontal motor indexed for the screw or is it just a pressure set screw holding to the motors shaft.

The motor shafts are all flatted for indexing. The set screws are cup-point to ensure positive locking onto the shafts. No lok-tite or thread locking compound. Using such a product would almost certainly make removal later almost impossible due to the very small hex wrench surface area.

The motor shafts are all flatted for indexing. The set screws are cup-point to ensure positive locking onto the shafts. No lok-tite or thread locking compound. Using such a product would almost certainly make removal later almost impossible due to the very small hex wrench surface area.

So it would be impossible to straighten the camera if weren't completely level and the problem would be in the vertical arm. Is that right??

So it would be impossible to straighten the camera if weren't completely level and the problem would be in the vertical arm. Is that right??
That would be my guess at this point. I'm taking a wild guess that the motor and circuit assemblies have position sensors of some fashion, so absolute mechanical alignment would be mandatory for true horizon, yaw, and roll.

That would be my guess at this point. I'm taking a wild guess that the motor and circuit assemblies have position sensors of some fashion, so absolute mechanical alignment would be mandatory for true horizon, yaw, and roll.

That was my observation with the horizontal arm on the h3-2d that no matter what I tried by loosing the set screw it couldn't be leveled. Not that it made a big difference in the video.

Broke down today and registered my P2 . Then went over to Staples and picked up a pack of self seal laminating for the certificate. For the FAA numbers I printed those up a return mailing label and stuck it just above the battery compartment..

I didn't hesitate registering with the FAA if that was the new rule, and I found that they charged the $5 fee my card, then almost immediately credited it back. I have both the FAA and my AMA numbers, along with a Reward If Found labels on my bird and R/C planes that I printed up with one of those amazing hand-held $20 Brother label makers. They're already laminated and have PSA easy-peel backing. Now I'm labeling everything that I can, just because I CAN!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga