A couple of questions after 1st flight

Reaction score
Whats up yall, hope everyone is good,

So managed to get out for my 1st 2 flights today and just have a couple of questions:

1st question: I flew in 3 separate locations all a few miles apart, but every single time i flew i kept receiving the message " warning. strong interference detected, be careful when flying long distances" ?? I didnt fly further than 1400 feet and 300 feet height and it all seemed good?

2nd question: I flew the bird 400 ish feet away from and landed it just as i was playing, However when i went to take off again i got r.c signal lost and couldn't get it back until i walked over to around 300 feet away from me?

Any input greatful

Darren

Glad you had fun. Can you give us a link (map) to where you flew, that way some of the experts on here can see what might have caused your interference.

With regards to the second question, if you were in an area with a lot of interference that can affect your RC signal strength, so it might be to do with that. 300ft should be well within your range otherwise.

i kept receiving the message " warning. strong interference detected, be careful when flying long distances"
I get this pretty often, the only time I don't see it too much if I am flying somewhere with NO wifi networks in sight. I have heard it is more common with the latest firmware. I never worry about them, they are just an annoyance on my screen. If your video is still fine then you can go further.

However when i went to take off again i got r.c signal lost and couldn't get it back until i walked over to around 300 feet away
So if I am understanding that right, you landed it 400 feet away from you then tried to take off from the same place until you moved closer? If you were landing in a field, the water in organic materials does a great job absorbing waves so grass could be the reason if you didn't have a perfectly clear view. ANY objects like houses, cars, people, and trees will obstruct your signal. There's a good chance your signal will be weak with anything in between the phantom and you.

Thanks for the input guys, Here is where i was

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...x66a2d98d8b031b07!8m2!3d50.825267!4d-1.371418

So if I am understanding that right, you landed it 400 feet away from you then tried to take off from the same place until you moved closer?

100% yes sir

[/QUOTE]If you were landing in a field, the water in organic materials does a great job absorbing waves so grass could be the reason if you didn't have a perfectly clear view. ANY objects like houses, cars, people, and trees will obstruct your signal. There's a good chance your signal will be weak with anything in between the phantom and you.[/QUOTE]

I had clear perfect line of sight and could see it with my own eyes with nothing in my way lol

To me, that area is surrounded by things that could cause interference, loads of houses with their wifi connections, the metal at the petrol plant. That would explain it to me.

Ive just completed my first edit of my flight today in this particular area, where should i post it?

What a great vid! Great landscape, perfect area for lying. In Australia here it's the middle of summer, so no green grass! It was 40 degrees Celsius today, bring on winter! Well done!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

What a great vid! Great landscape, perfect area for lying. In Australia here it's the middle of summer, so no green grass! It was 40 degrees Celsius today, bring on winter! Well done!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks bro :) , Actually really surprised how well the standards camera captured everything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka