90m altitude - weak/no signal?

I will go back to lurking.

No need to lurk... your comments provoked a good discussion. More are welcome. And I certainly agree with your final point that directly overhead is a very tough scenario given two monopole antennas. It's never going to be good range in that situation.

@Paul Sw
Welcome to the Forum! :eek:

@rockydog
"practical test, and then come back with your findings" YES, we need facts or data

@Paul Sw
"what people are overlooking is the range we are talking about...less than 400 ft." YES
"Without having done the experiment" Hum, we need facts or data

@SkyHog
"I have flown straight up several hundred feet, without much problem." YES, we need facts or data
"your comments provoked a good discussion. More are welcome." YES

@120CCPM
"hopefully the OP got some practical advice" YES

@RodPad
"we need facts or data" YES

@Paul Sw ;)

To all..,
We need facts or data. :)
Phantom 3 standard Rc signal lost

and
thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Rod

Last edited:
I had the Phantom out for the second time today, and I took it out of beginners mode for the first time.

I was in two areas where there shouldn't be any interference, and I was able to get up to about 90m altitude (a few metres away from being directly above me) before I got weak signal warnings, and a couple of times a brief no signal warning.

Is this normal? Or should I be expecting more?

Also theres a definite whistling/whining noise when I'm flying, especially when heading upwards. Is this anything to be concerned about?
Were you getting any Radio interference warnings?

If you are in US air space, your limit is 400' ... PERIOD. It really doesn't matter where you are within that air space. Get used to it and practice within that limit so as not to build up habbits of thinking the law doesn't matter. For non-commercial pilots, I would also use 400' as a strict guideline. The issue is flying outside of the FAA guidelines will bring bring in more restrictive rulings faster than you think. We don't want to contribute to ending the "drone era" for ourselves or for the industry.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94