9 dollar extender gave me about 1000 more feet. Video, Phantom 3A

Reaction score
Flew my Phantom 3A as far as it would go, then I put on the range extender and got about 1000 feet. Some nice scenery along the way.

Flew my Phantom 3A as far as it would go, then I put on the range extender and got about 1000 feet.
Those are parabolic reflectors. And do you mean 1000ft total distance? Or in addition to normal range. I get around 10,000 ft max with stock antennas. But rarely go that far but I can if needed. Long distance runs are simply not necessary IMO. Nice footage however.

Got an additional thousand feet. Even though it is line of sight I usually start getting a lot of interference at 6000 feet.

Even though it is line of sight I usually start getting a lot of interference at 6000 feet.
All depends really on where you fly. I have the Paro's as well but rarely use them. No way 10,000ft is VLOS, so I try to stay within 5000....Wouldn't have visual then if it weren't for additional strobes on the AC. Those I can see at that distance easily even in bright daylight for location and orientation, without depending on the app map or FPV. Only did the max distance once myself just to see what it was. After that it is all relatively close in, other than autonomous missions which even at that I stay within VLOS from my eyes...not FPV.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT