550 Pilot's lounge

OI Photography said:
Yeah I think havasu is on the right track, sounds like you have your receiver wired to the NAZA wrong somehow. The beauty of S-Bus/D-bus is that all channels are sent over one single cable.

I don't know Futaba gear very well, but is it possible the Rx has to be told which output protocol you want it to use?
Yea-I believe there is a mode setting for the receiver. Do a goggle or youtube search on "mode settings" for your receiver. It may be that you need to power it up, while holding the bind button, then push that button again, to change modes.

BXpnvxX.jpg

Connection settins,
A-1
E-2
T-3
R-4
U-5
X1-6
X2-8/SB

Also I changed channel modes (there are 4 - A, B, C & D). Tried them all and I have the same results across all 4 modes.

If you're using S-bus/D-bus, that's the only cable that should be connected between Rx and NAZA. If you're using "Traditional" setting, all seven cables should be connected like this:

Channel 1 - 4 like you have them listed
Channel 5 - NAZA X1
Channel 6 - NAZA X2
Channel 7 - NAZA U

Large said:
BXpnvxX.jpg

Connection settins,

X2-8/SB

Also I changed channel modes (there are 4 - A, B, C & D). Tried them all and I have the same results across all 4 modes.
That should be your only connection-then select D-bus in Naza; done.

I guess a picture is worth 1000 words. However, even after having only the 1 cord from 8/SB to X2 I still am not getting any input on the computer screen.

Large said:
I guess a picture is worth 1000 words. However, even after having only the 1 cord from 8/SB to X2 I still am not getting any input on the computer screen.
So we've confirmed that the receiver and transmitter are bound, correct?
You are also in D-bus in RC, in Naza?
Have you programmed your remote, per the link I sent?

That's all I got. You can upload a picture here and perhaps we can spot something? All my aircraft are buttoned up.
Here's a picture of mine-but I don't know if you can see it very well or if it helps.

Attachments

• SNC19662.JPG
    SNC19662.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 484
havasuphoto said:
Large said:
So we've confirmed that the receiver and transmitter are bound, correct?
You are also in D-bus in RC, in Naza?
Have you programmed your remote, per the link I sent?

That's all I got. You can upload a picture here and perhaps we can spot something? All my aircraft are buttoned up.
Here's a picture of mine-but I don't know if you can see it very well or if it helps.
Rx and Tx are bound - yes.
Servo wiring from X2 on Naza to S-bus on Rx, D-bus is selected in naza software
I went as far as I could with the programming. From off the bat though I cannot go further than a couple of steps in due to not being able to get any control input, but I went ahead and followed the steps (skipped the gimbal part) and finished up.
Here is a pic, I removed the expansion and LED wires to show the slots on the naza lite. The X3 is going to the power module

3Pl7Kwc.jpg

Thank you again for the help

you're servo wire into the receiver is not in the S-bus plug. the s-bus plug is on the bottom and runs horizontally, not vertically.
Look at the picture on the remote-pull plug out of vertical slot-which is channel 8, and plug it into the slot below that one, horizontally-done. it will only go in one way.
look at the bottom of my receiver-look at the color of the wires and the orientation of the plug.

havasuphoto said:
you're servo wire into the receiver is not in the S-bus plug. the s-bus plug is on the bottom and runs horizontally, not vertically.
Look at the picture on the remote-pull plug out of vertical slot-which is channel 8, and plug it into the slot below that one, horizontally-done. it will only go in one way.
look at the bottom of my receiver-look at the color of the wires and the orientation of the plug.
On the Rx it says 'S.BUS2' for the slot you are describing, which I was under the assumption that it does not work with the Naza.

Why not? It's got to be a "mode" thing with the receiver. I don't know anything about Naza lite though.....maybe someone else here will chime in-but I'm outta idea's. Should work with that plug in the horizontal slot on the receiver.

havasuphoto said:
Why not? It's got to be a "mode" thing with the receiver. I don't know anything about Naza lite though.....maybe someone else here will chime in-but I'm outta idea's. Should work with that plug in the horizontal slot on the receiver.
I'm not sure, I wish I had an answer. I hooked everything up traditionally, and everything works fine. S-bus is another story. I will keep messing with it as I have 2 more hexas on the way with another naza m lite and v2. All with the same Tx/Rx.

I just added an A2 to the F550. Wow. This thing is unbelievable. Compared to the Naza, the position hold is pinpoint and the gains/attitude control is in another league on larger craft.

ElGuano said:
I just added an A2 to the F550. Wow. This thing is unbelievable. Compared to the Naza, the position hold is pinpoint and the gains/attitude control is in another league on larger craft.

Are you able to judge how much it improves over a WKM? I can't tell if the price difference would be worth it on an S900, and not a lot of the other extras on the A2 really appeal to me much.

ElGuano said:
Well I sure hope so! At 5x the cost of the Naza it better wipe your *** too! :lol:

U.M.

OI Photography said:
ElGuano said:

Are you able to judge how much it improves over a WKM? I can't tell if the price difference would be worth it on an S900, and not a lot of the other extras on the A2 really appeal to me much.

I don't have any experience on a WKM rig, and I think a lot of it comes down to build and balance, so you'd have to install on an identical machine to test :(

What I've HEARD 3rd hand is that the A2 holds better than Naza or WKM pre-new-revision IMU. Not sure if the new WKM IMU evens things out (I suspect it does).

Uncle Meat said:
ElGuano said:
Well I sure hope so! At 5x the cost of the Naza it better wipe your *** too! :lol:

Tell me about it. You'd THINK you would hear more about the precision of the attitude hold, but I suspect for the average hobbyist the two aren't being compared side by side cause of the price difference. Also, once you go A2, you're committing to a big weight increase--400g just for the FC versus the Naza's 100g or so. Plus, loss of iOSD mini for the Mk2, and I'm sure a few other things. It's pretty clear the A2 is a pro tool designed for pro work. Wonder if any of it will translate into a Naza-M V3 :)

For me, until the A2 CAN is decoded, I no longer have status-mirroring LEDs too. Kind of a bummer relying on the single LED module again! But for some of the things I'm testing out now, it's definitely worth it ;)

ElGuano said:
OI Photography said:
ElGuano said:

I don't have any experience on a WKM rig, and I think a lot of it comes down to build and balance, so you'd have to install on an identical machine to test :(

What I've HEARD 3rd hand is that the A2 holds better than Naza or WKM pre-new-revision IMU. Not sure if the new WKM IMU evens things out (I suspect it does).

Uncle Meat said:
ElGuano said:

Tell me about it. You'd THINK you would hear more about the precision of the attitude hold, but I suspect for the average hobbyist the two aren't being compared side by side cause of the price difference. Also, once you go A2, you're committing to a big weight increase--400g just for the FC versus the Naza's 100g or so. Plus, loss of iOSD mini for the Mk2, and I'm sure a few other things. It's pretty clear the A2 is a pro tool designed for pro work. Wonder if any of it will translate into a Naza-M V3 :)

For me, until the A2 CAN is decoded, I no longer have status-mirroring LEDs too. Kind of a bummer relying on the single LED module again! But for some of the things I'm testing out now, it's definitely worth it ;)
Well that just sucks. Tell ya what-I'll make ya an offer, and include in trade a slightly used Naza V1 that's been upgraded to V2, with PMU V2-canbus, LED and GPS!!!
My F650 flies like a Drunk Sparrow. It's driving me crazy!! Position hold? Yea-over here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
No wait...I wanna go over there<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<.
I'm at 3150 grams now-so you would have thought it would have improved w/11" props....no dice. At least it doesn't wobble much.
But-I can fix that-gonna try me some of them 12X4.5 MR props on that pig......see if I can spice things up a bit.

Really bummed about your A2 "trouble".

IF, I was going to get the A2 or the WKM, I'd spend the extra $1400 and get the S900 that comes with........ :)

Thanks! One of the reasons I really wanted to get the A2 is to start working on the can messaging; I have a feeling it will take a while but there are complications with needing to use a teensy, then stepping up the 3v signal voltage to the LEDs, and of course decoding the led module itself. If I can pull that off, I'll be pretty happy :)

And yeah, getting the s900 package would have been nice. But then I'd need to get TWO sets to run the a2 on the other frame, and another set to run the 3rd a2 on the second s900, and it's turtles all the way down ;)

I started to re-build my f550 into a 650 with the addition of Aimdroix Extended Aluminum Arms...

I'm also adding the DJI E300 Tuned Propulsion System...

Took apart my original 550 and added the new Motors, ESC's and the Props. I soldered the ESC's to the board and secured the arms to the bottom plate also... As you can see in the pics below, I cut the ESC cables down to make it somewhat neater and saved approximately 18gms... The props are on temporarily to see how it looks...

I have a question: The E300 kit came with 9 inch Props (9443). Can I use a 10 inch or 12 inch prop on these motors? Since I'm extending the arms, I would like to go a little bigger on the Props. I would think at least a 10 inch Prop should give me better lift without compromising maneuverability. I'm using a 3S system right now... LMK... Thanks!

15025891300_6f19c5216a_o.jpg

15026011967_406b27f472_o.jpg

15026011867_05b1646f67_z.jpg

10" (like 1038s) definitely, even on 4S. 11" I'm not sure sure, they'll fit on the standard length arms but the motors might get hot, you'll probably have to see. The E300 uses the "standard" 8mm keyed prop shafts, so you should be able to find a prop that fits (or can be reamed to fit, if you want).

On your last picture, it's hard to tell, but have you tinned the ground wire all the way up to the silicone shielding? I found that if you do not, you expose bare, flexible wire to a good deal of potential vibration, and eventually the stress causes the thin threads to break (not good for long-term survivability)!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka