5 red blinks when trying to start motors

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to salvage a Phantom 2 that flew away and crashed. Fortunately the person who found it called me to get it.
Unfortunately, it took a terrible fall. Broken proms, damaged motors, broken GPS ceramic antenna and a few other cosmetic scratches.

Anyway, I bought a new phantom 2 and have been using it to test components of the old. The GPS antenna was an easy fix, but there seem to be communication issues as well.

I can get communication, but it won't take off. When I pull down and away on the control sticks I get 5 red blinks. I'm guessing it's some sort of error code.

Try hooking it up to the Dji app via usb. The IMU May need to be re calibrated after such a hard crash.
Another thing that can cause red lights on startup is the battery not being recognized by the main board. If you hook it up to the Dji app and don't see the battery voltage showing, then it's probably the battery sensor disconnected or loose. This is done via a tiny 2 prong sensor that touches the battery and runs up to the main board. Look inside the battery compartment and you can see the two small prongs next to the large main battery contacts. Those two tiny pins can get bent or broken easily in a hard crash or the wire can get pulled off the main board. It will flash red on CSC if it doesn't detect the battery voltage through this sensor.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl