360Fly 4k - Anybody Mounted/Tried One Yet?

Reaction score
OK. I gotta ask. Has anybody tried mounting one of these bad boys to the P3/P4 or anything like it? I bet this would be wild.

Miss Nothing | 360fly

I think I'm going to have to try it if I can figure out a way to mount it.

OK. I gotta ask. Has anybody tried mounting one of these bad boys to the P3/P4 or anything like it? I bet this would be wild.

Miss Nothing | 360fly

I have long consider trying it however I have heard so many mixed reviews on how well the product works. When they come out with one that will deliver a live feed through a VR headset, that will be the shiz of FPV.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
I can see putting it on one of my 350QX's pretty easily. I really want it on one of the Phantoms though.

Miss Nothing | 360fly

YES! I mounted my Fly360 cam, using the stick on mounting base they provide with the camera, dead center on top of my P4. This is a real risk because it makes the drone top-heavy and no doubt interferes greatly with its aerodynamic design. So I was careful to do a few rounds of low level flight about 10 feet off the ground until I saw that the power of the motors and the rotors overcame any inherent instability with this new addition. I did notice that my acquisition of GPS signal was spotty at best and came in and out. My thinking is with the Fly360 on top of the P4 it was interfering with the GPS satellite data receipt either physically or electronically. But that being said I went for broke and kicked it up to 200 feet and took a long fly around my park. The video captured is spectacular from the Fly360, The only thing I would do differently next time is to bring the P4 to a lower altitude to compensate for the Fly360 cam built to pick up video around and up, but but not as far down, as the base and device it's mounted on are there. I got a bit too much clouds and sky down to the horizon line with a little bit of the terrain, and what I want more next time is less sky and more horizon line and terrain. Obviously there's no way to see the live feed through the fly 360 without being connected to a Wi-Fi network on a separate device than the one I'm using to fly the drone, but I doubt even that would work as the Fly360 cam would be too far out of range. Anyhow I enjoyed it I got some great video. If you try this fly at your own risk and do try to use the GPS because in ATTI mode if you're in control of this top-heavy device it would be possible to crash it easier than normal. Happy flying!

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
I wouldn't even want it on top. Maybe I'll just put it on on of my 350s since they have GoPro mounts anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl