Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

3 months of trying to calibrate the compass - no luck

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by combat squirrel, Oct 15, 2013.

1. combat squirrel

As title on and off for 3 months I have tried to calibrate the magnetic compass and have failed.

I have also bought 2 additional compasses and no luck the compass raw mod always stays around 200-400 no matter what I do

I have tried strong magnets, weak magnets, also left it alone for a month in a room with zero tech in it, just wooden floors and furniture.

Why in gods hell will this not calibrate? also it only flashes red and yellow on startup

2. combat squirrel

Also interestingly I use a magnet to force the mod raw data to around 800-900, unplug the phantom and INSTANTLY plug it back in..........like less than a second and when the data stream is required from the usb plugged into my laptop the compass has instantly jumped to around 330 mod raw data value, which explains i guess why its always in red/yellow mode on startup.........THIS IS HORRIFIC I paid SO much money for this :(

3. miskatonic

Did you speak with your dealer? They can help you out with this if it never worked out of the box. Otherwise a replacement magnet is something like $25.