3 Blade Props

Reaction score
I have seen out there on a few sites 3 blade props for drones is there any advantages? I mean if they were so good why wouldn't manufacture's put them on stock out the box I spent $5 to test this I got some for my Syma X5 but they have no screws I have to wait another 3 weeks for the screws to come from China!........ The Worlds Online Shop
So has anyone tried 3 Blade Props?......... Advantages.....Disadvantages?
I have read they offer a more stable hover? But can reduce motor life?
Some planes have 2 blades some 3 some even 4 blades on a prop?

So has anyone tried 3 Blade Props?......... Advantages.....Disadvantages?
I have read they offer a more stable hover? But can reduce motor life?
Some planes have 2 blades some 3 some even 4 blades on a prop?
There are real reasons to use multi-blade props on a plane.
None of them apply to your Phantom.
Advantages on your drone? None
Disadvantages .. harder to balance .. if things go wrong, possible warranty problems.
DJI's propulsion engineers went to a lot of effort to design a tuned propulsion system with matched motors, ESCs and props.
Just slapping some random props on won't make any significant improvements to performance.
If the props were fantastic and somehow gave more thrust, the flight controller would adjust motor speed to keep every thing within spec anyway.

Reactions: dreddman
There are real reasons to use multi-blade props on a plane.
None of them apply to your Phantom.
Advantages on your drone? None
Disadvantages .. harder to balance .. if things go wrong, possible warranty problems.
DJI's propulsion engineers went to a lot of effort to design a tuned propulsion system with matched motors, ESCs and props.
Just slapping some random props on won't make any significant improvements to performance.
If the props were fantastic and somehow gave more thrust, the flight controller would adjust motor speed to keep every thing within spec anyway.
I agree to keep use proven prop blades. I balance every blade I install. I've balanced full sized airplane, and helicopter main and tail rotor blades for over 40 plus years. Stay with the factory blades!!

Reactions: dreddman

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164