2019-08-12 Harpers Ferry West Virginia / USA

Reaction score
A couple quick videos of Harpers Ferry West Virginia, and Hilltop House. Let me know what you all think.
Drone: Phantom 4 (standard) with a ND8 filter.
Harpers Ferry West Virginia 1
Harpers Ferry West Virginia 2
Harpers Ferry West Virginia 3
12 August 2019 Harpers Ferry WV
DJI_0002.JPG
DJI_0002.JPG

I enjoyed watching all your videos. I enjoyed not having a lot of editing and just watching the flight. I was wondering with the new FAA rules for drones if we could still fly over the national parks without an auto land?

Reactions: CPO Coastie
I enjoyed watching all your videos. I enjoyed not having a lot of editing and just watching the flight. I was wondering with the new FAA rules for drones if we could still fly over the national parks without an auto land?
The rules are - you can't launch or land from inside National Parks. However - the place I launched and recovered was 'Hilltop House' which is JUST outside the National Park boundary for Harpers Ferry -- I did double check on Be4UFly - and I was good to go.
Hilltop House

The rules are - you can't launch or land from inside National Parks. However - the place I launched and recovered was 'Hilltop House' which is JUST outside the National Park boundary for Harpers Ferry -- I did double check on Be4UFly - and I was good to go.
Hilltop House
I know the place very well. I also know the rules. I just wonder if there was a change since the “new rules were implemented “in June. I didn’t want to start outside the NP and have it force land. I see that it’s the same as before. I didn’t want to test it.

Reactions: CPO Coastie
I know the place very well. I also know the rules. I just wonder if there was a change since the “new rules were implemented “in June. I didn’t want to start outside the NP and have it force land. I see that it’s the same as before. I didn’t want to test it.
I FULLY understand.
I always have a 'Oh Crap' plan if things go awry. Next time I fly in bright sunny conditions I WILL be flying FPV! It's nearly impossible to see my screen on the tablet, and watch the drone at the same time. Especially when it was flying over the water - against a mountain backdrop.

Reactions: WV. Rootman

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl