Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

2.5km voyage to russian registered cargo ship at night

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by stargater07, Oct 31, 2015.

1. stargater07

First long distance run, made it across the sea out to a cargo ship anchored, sheltering in the bay...

Please let me know what you think and if you would like to see more of my vids!

Jason

kminton327 likes this.
  2. Mario_SB

Awesome flight. You have a lot guts! What were the winds conditions like that night and how much battery did you have left?

3. stargater07

Hey, the wind conditions were at ground level at the point of take off <10mph. Our at sea when slowing above the ship I noticed a little drift when turning... Not sure if the wind was a factor or not...(most likely stronger winds out at sea) The P3 got back with 58% battery remaining... I was very, very nervous before hand I'm not going to lie but it performed superbly..

kminton327 and Mario_SB like this.
  4. Mario_SB

58%...not bad!!! Yeah man, that was a bold move to fly all the way out there and hover like that. It seems like you were there forever. I was like, "man when is this guy gonna turn back?!" lol Anyway, congrats on the flight. It was really cool. Thanks for sharing!

stargater07 likes this.
  5. Squiddley

wow simply amazing you got more balls then I would have to fly all that way out especially at night, it would freak me out in the day time never mind at night lol

stargater07 likes this.
  6. kminton327

Night flying and videos are my particular favorite and I enjoyed this video a lot. Good work!

stargater07 likes this.