Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

2.4G Bluetooth Datalink

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by Bobo6475, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Bobo6475

I am a new owner of an FC40. Using an IPad or IPhone for FPV is working perfectly. However, I would like to be able to use the ground station app.

Is it possible to install the 2.4G Bluetooth Datalink kit on an FC40??

2. nintendrone64

I believe so. Call a dealer.

3. EMCSQUAR

Nope... Your FC40 transmits on 5.8mghz not 2.4

4. dteca

New guy here too. less than a week. I am also wanting to setup a ground station situation. what do i need to set it up? will the software that DJI offer work? i have been looking around and reading many threads on this subject. it seems there is alot for the ipad. i am not an ipad guy. i have a pc. any help steering me in the right direction would be great.
    Dave

5. Wendlwacker

I was doing some research and it appears it is possibly you have to attach a new PMU in order to do it. I gave up after awhile to let more inquiring minds figure it out before me!

6. dteca

I plan on getting a gimbal and gopro 3. with that i am thinking that the DJI Datalink 2.4ghz Bluetooth and a pmu is the way to achieve the ground station. does sound about right? the DJI Datalink 2.4ghz Bluetooth i found says 'Connects to iPad with included Bluetooth module or PC with included software and USB cable'.
    i have gone to the DJI website and tried to find a seller for the PC ground station with no luck. i am hoping this is the right way to go.