1st p4 flight and observations / questions

Reaction score
Just completed first test flight with pahntom 4. Did 2 battery's. Things I've noticed and would like to know more about.

1. Tilted horizon big time????? WTF HELP LOL. Sometimes it kind of sorted itself out but then tilted again.

2. Seems slower to move than my phantom 3 standard, obviously not in sports mode but in normal mode it seemed slower?

3. As I was flying it looked / felt like the drone was drifting to the side, but it might have been the tilted horizon? Was strange. Gonna go look at the footage now.

P4 is deffo smoother that's maybe why it's slower?

Anyway like to hear people thoughts and help on the tilted horizon for sure.

Darren

Tilted Horizon issue your going to find 2 camps...

1 - those who are super **** about it and will repeatedly return the P4 to DJI for repair

2 - those who just live with it and manually correct it during flight with C2+RW

So it depends on where you fall in those categories! I personally just live with it and adjust it manually when i want to capture some footage that i will want to use, if im just flying around and the primary focus is not video or picture (sometimes its just fun to fly), then i dont pay any attention to it!

Good luck tho!

Tilted Horizon issue your going to find 2 camps...

1 - those who are super **** about it and will repeatedly return the P4 to DJI for repair

2 - those who just live with it and manually correct it during flight with C2+RW

So it depends on where you fall in those categories! I personally just live with it and adjust it manually when i want to capture some footage that i will want to use, if im just flying around and the primary focus is not video or picture (sometimes its just fun to fly), then i dont pay any attention to it!

Good luck tho!

Thanks for the reply buddy,

After some recent experience with DJI i will 100% not be sending to them lol, so looks like ill have to live with it.

Why does it happen? My p3 standard never had this problem and i could buy 2 or 3 of them for 1 phantom 4 its a but naught lol,

do you just correct it with the gimbal roll?

I normally always fly to create so gonna have to figure out how to get at least semi decent lol

I also have a tilted horizon sometimes, though mostly at higher speeds. It can take several seconds to recover, and sometimes over-corrects. For me, not a big enough concern to send away for some nebulous time period, hoping it can be fixed . . .

Most likely the slowness is due to obstacle avoidance being enabled, it's limited to something like 22mph. If you disable it, flight is more like a P3 . . . or put it into sport mode and really get things moving!

You could try an IMU and controller calibration if it's drifting.

I also have a tilted horizon sometimes, though mostly at higher speeds. It can take several seconds to recover, and sometimes over-corrects. For me, not a big enough concern to send away for some nebulous time period, hoping it can be fixed . . .

Most likely the slowness is due to obstacle avoidance being enabled, it's limited to something like 22mph. If you disable it, flight is more like a P3 . . . or put it into sport mode and really get things moving!

You could try an IMU and controller calibration if it's drifting.

Thanks for the info boss,

i didn't realise the Obstacle Avoidance slowed it down, cheers,

i have done a imu calibration , have not done controller??? Also not sure if its quad drifting or camera?

1. Tilted horizon big time????? WTF HELP LOL. Sometimes it kind of sorted itself out but then tilted again.
Possibly due to the way you recalibrated the IMU and/or gimbal before flying.
These are generally pretty good out of the box.
Did you calibrate the IMU on a perfectly level surface?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan