11/25 New Vid Tutorial: DJI PV2 Intro to GPS Flight Control

Reaction score
Phantom Vision GPS Mode & Return To Home Mode very nicely explained:
http://youtu.be/Lsp-w7361dQ

Couple of interesting features:

- If you're higher than 20m, the Autopilot will maintain that altitude flying back.
- Return to Home airspeed is approx 15mph.
- PV will hover 15 secs over home before its descent in case you want to takeover.

iDrone

Re: 11/25 New Vid Tutorial: DJI PV2 Intro to GPS Flight Cont

Yep.. Handy video...

He didn't say, but I would assume you can cancel the RTH at anytime by flipping out of GPS into ATTI mode, same as a P1.

It would be useful I think if it beeped regularly while in RTH. That would both warn people below, and provide another way to realise that it was in RTH, in case it gets there without you realising....

Looks like his video was running out of range at 450 feet too!

gpauk said:
Yep.. Handy video...

He didn't say, but I would assume you can cancel the RTH at anytime by flipping out of GPS into ATTI mode, same as a P1.

It would be useful I think if it beeped regularly while in RTH. That would both warn people below, and provide another way to realise that it was in RTH, in case it gets there without you realising....

Once you regain control in ATTI mode, can you then switch it back to GPS mode?

-slinger

gunslinger said:
gpauk said:
Yep.. Handy video...

-slinger

Yes. Or indeed simply flick it down and straight back up again to regain control and resume GPS mode.

gunslinger said:
gpauk said:

-slinger

I have tested this, so that I could be confident that it would work when needed. Yes, If you switch the controller off it goes to RTH mode and then all you need to do is switch it back on, flick the S1 (or S2, depending on how you're set up) to ATTI to regain control of the PV. Equally, you can then just switch back to full GPS (position 1 on S1).

Incidentally, you can configure S1 so that position 3 is either Manual flying (no GPS, just gyro) or to invoke failsafe, so that the PV behaves as if the controller has been turned off and initiates RTH.

TisiRaptor said:
gunslinger said:
gpauk said:

-slinger

I have tested this, so that I could be confident that it would work when needed. Yes, If you switch the controller off it goes to RTH mode and then all you need to do is switch it back on, flick the S1 (or S2, depending on how you're set up) to ATTI to regain control of the PV. Equally, you can then just switch back to full GPS (position 1 on S1).

Incidentally, you can configure S1 so that position 3 is either Manual flying (no GPS, just gyro) or to invoke failsafe, so that the PV behaves as if the controller has been turned off and initiates RTH.

I like the idea of having the third S1 position invoke RTH. This way you don't have to worry about the transmitter reconnecting or taking time. However, if you initiate RTH with the switch... can you then just move it back to GPS or ATTI and take control again? I assume you can. Seems if the phantom is very far away and you can't view orientation, the RTH is a nice way to get it back towards you so you can continue flying.

race3 said:
Seems if the phantom is very far away and you can't view orientation, the RTH is a nice way to get it back towards you so you can continue flying.

That's what IOC is for, so there's no need to invoke RTH just to get it to fly back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl