107 Card Quality

Reaction score
I got my remote pilot certificate (card) recently and part of the printed text was missing, like it rubbed off. I called the FAA registry to see about getting a replacement and they said there would be a charge even though it was not a lost or damaged by me. The agent also mentioned there were quite a few quality issues with the cards. Anyone else have any issues with their card?

Their Quality Issues And You have to pay for it.....Thats terrible in my Book.

Reactions: BigAl07
I got my remote pilot certificate (card) recently and part of the printed text was missing, like it rubbed off. I called the FAA registry to see about getting a replacement and they said there would be a charge even though it was not a lost or damaged by me. The agent also mentioned there were quite a few quality issues with the cards. Anyone else have any issues with their card?
Welcome to to the world of the FAA. I'm a commercial pilot/ flight instructor and A&P mechanic, all the certificates are that way. At one time they were paper. The old FAA saying, "We're not happy until you're not happy!"

Good to know flyboyj! I felt a little petty asking the FAA for a reprint but I was thinking one day I may want to present the card to local law enforcement or members of the public if I ever get questioned as to what I am doing. I didn't want to whip the card out and show them something that might look like I made at home! lol

Reactions: MTO
Their Quality Issues And You have to pay for it.....Thats terrible in my Book.

Yes the first FAA guy I spoke to was very kind and helpful and said he would want a reprint as well. Unfortunately he didn't work for the registry and the woman he transferred me to seemed annoyed that I asked. I asked why I would pay when it was not my mistake and came that way and she basically said "you have to pay for a new one if you want a new one regardless of the reason or fault"... thanks for your help... lol

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72