Dark photos/shots

Reaction score
Recently my P4RTK has been shooting a few dark shots. It's not consistence as out of 150 shots taken maybe 10-12 are darker and it happens near the end of the flight. Anyone else had such an issue?

Hum, your links aren't working,

If I copy this into a browser.

[email protected]

UBoob says I'm trying to sign on to your account?

BTW, I assume most know, Google, has owned YouTube at least 5 years?

Rod ..

haven't seen images;
dominating bright whites can underexpose images...
dominating blacks & shadows can overexpose images...
in both cases, one would compensate before exposing,,,

Reactions: jaja6009
haven't seen images;
dominating bright whites can underexpose images...
dominating blacks & shadows can overexpose images...
in both cases, one would compensate before exposing,,,
As always, use the KISS method, I switched out SD card. The results were back to normal, must have been some form of corruption on the SD card starting to developed as I never share cards between my drones. This keeps my hopes up for still using my Phantom 4 RTK for small projects (75-100 acres) or less, saving the wear on the Mavic 3 Enterprises for the big jobs.

Thanks for the update!

Did you ever reformat that card?

I have learned they actually get old.
Even a Format won't fix them.

Rod ..

Thanks for the update!

Did you ever reformat that card?

I have learned they actually get old.
Even a Format won't fix them.

Rod ..
I normally never format a card, unless I do it in the drone itself. After d/l data I just delete the files, but as you said the card may have been getting old.

Reactions: RodPad
I normally never format a card, unless I do it in the drone itself. After d/l data I just delete the files, but as you said the card may have been getting old.
Glad you figured it out. And maybe this will help others in the future with the same problem.

I have found consistent success with the P4RTK by using Shutter Priority, adjust shutter speed according to sunlight (1000 to 1600), EV 0, ISO 100 or 200 and locked, and I know I am in the sweet spot when my aperture is between 3000 and 5000 as adjusted by the items in the scene (dark or light).

When I use and get the above my images are perfect (sharp, focussed and neither over or under exposed.)

For my personal fleet I use the P4RTK since it meets my needs.

At work we just got a Mavic 3 Enterprise, it goes for its maiden flight next week. I find the P4RTK superior in one big way, its size. I can keep it VLOS much easier. Also it is not beyond possibility to get a waiver to use its unique drone swarm for mapping if you have multiple aircraft.

I just processed a 3D model for a building inspection and in Agisoft it is photorealistic and actually very good.

Reactions: Recoveryone
Yeah, I didn't believe they could actually start failing over use.

This conversation came up related to a SSD drive.

Reformatting?
To me it cleans up, back in the day the FAT tables.

Maybe another member can add or correct my statement. 👌

Rod ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak