• Advertisement

Advanced search

Yaw Gains

Are you having a problem with your DJI Phantom?

Moderators: Adam, OI Photography, DeweyAXD

Re: Yaw Gains

Postby Gizmo3000 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:05 am

tanasit wrote:
Capodrone wrote:Doesn't NAza go as high as 250 pitch and yaw?

I would put in manual and spin doesn't manual max all the gain values by default?

Pitch & Roll 20 - 500 %
Yaw 30 - 300 %
Vertical 50 - 250 %

Need 7th channel for dual gain settings. Manual will not max out.

How does one use a 7th channel to alter gain settings??
Gizmo3000

Advertisement

Postby tanasit » Wed May 01, 2013 7:32 am

I copied the 3 steps below from the BASIC tab of NAZA assistant.

Remote tuning setting:
1. Make sure TX setting is correct.
2. Choose the X1/X2 channel.
3. The range of remote tuning is from half to twice the setup value.

This mean you need to use the 7th channel whether it is flap, gear or etc. by connecting its corresponding slot on the RX to either X1 or X2 on NAZA (unless you are using the D-bus (single cable) then you're good to go), Open the Naza assistant, set the REMOTE ADJUST to whatever channel you want (X1 or X2), set the values you want.
Flip the switch and see the the numbers (values) changes accordingly, if so now you can change the GAIN in flight.
tanasit

Postby tanasit » Fri May 03, 2013 7:15 am

In the ATTI and GPS mode, the GAIN setting is the sensitivity of the IMU control but in the MANUAL mode the GAIN is the stick sensitivity. Another words, in the ATTI & PPS, the IMU will give more control with more GAIN, so if you set the GAIN too much your Phantom will start to oscillate just like too much gain on the gyro of any rc helicopter. This is why in the NAZA assistant, it says that you may increase the GAIN until it starts to oscillate then LOWER the GAIN 10%.
As for the YAW, the principle of the control rely on the torque created by the "differences" in the rotational direction of the props. As a result, it will not be a strong yaw by any means unlike the tail rotor of the rc helicopter that can give an eye popping pirouette.
Why do we want the higher GAIN setting then?
For the people who put a lot of weight on his Phantom, the higher GAIN will give him a better overall control, in particular the higher VERTICAL gain setting will keep the Phantom better altitude hold in fast turn or bank.
tanasit

Postby Audaciter » Fri May 03, 2013 7:26 am

Thanks tanasit,
I can see I'm going to have to take my laptop out to the flying field, and play around with my settings.
I don't know exactly how much my Phantom weighs, but it feels like a box of hammers.

Actually, I just now weighed it. ( 1.258 kg ) = ( 2.77 lbs ) 2 3/4 lbs. and that is without the fpv equipment I'll be adding.
Audaciter

Postby tanasit » Fri May 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Audaciter wrote:Thanks tanasit,
I can see I'm going to have to take my laptop out to the flying field, and play around with my settings.
I don't know exactly how much my Phantom weighs, but it feels like a box of hammers.

Actually, I just now weighed it. ( 1.258 kg ) = ( 2.77 lbs ) 2 3/4 lbs. and that is without the fpv equipment I'll be adding.

With that weight, I recommend the 9x5 props and set the vertical GAIN to max.
Many praise about the wooden Zinger 9x5, especially bored and with balance option for our Phantom.
You are up to the limit of the Phantom now... :!:
tanasit

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to Help