• Advertisement

Advanced search

Phantom Vision Comm Loss unable to regain control

Discuss the DJI Phantom Vision Camera and FPV System

Moderators: Adam, Geert, gunslinger, DeweyAXD, BenDronePilot

Phantom Vision Comm Loss unable to regain control

Postby Chuggie » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:16 am

Greetings:

I just had my first scare with my Phantom Vision. I was flying it and it lost communications to the controller. The WIFI was still in range and working properly. A message appeared on the cell phone app saying that it had lost communication, and that the it was returning home. It did return home and land correctly; however, I was never able to regain control, even when it was only 10 feet away. I powered everything down, and put in my second battery and took it up again, and everything worked properly, but I cant figure out why I was unable to regain control of the Vision after It lost signal on the previous flight. I left the controller on the whole time. Should I have turned it off and back on? It did have a close call coming in on its own, so this worries me a bit.

Thanks,
Chuggie
Chuggie

Re: Phantom Vision Comm Loss unable to regain control

Postby Jdacal » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:27 am

Chuggie wrote:Greetings:

I just had my first scare with my Phantom Vision. I was flying it and it lost communications to the controller. The WIFI was still in range and working properly. A message appeared on the cell phone app saying that it had lost communication, and that the it was returning home. It did return home and land correctly; however, I was never able to regain control, even when it was only 10 feet away. I powered everything down, and put in my second battery and took it up again, and everything worked properly, but I cant figure out why I was unable to regain control of the Vision after It lost signal on the previous flight. I left the controller on the whole time. Should I have turned it off and back on? It did have a close call coming in on its own, so this worries me a bit.

Thanks,
Chuggie

I turn my transmitter off then on and move S1 to middle position. Has always worked so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Jdacal

Postby UAV_AV80R » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:57 am

Yeah.....Im pretty sure the procedure is to turn the transmitter off and then back on in a non-gps mode of flight. once you regain signal control you should be able to switch it back into gps mode.
Bill Higgins
Northrop Grumman
UAS/UAV External Pilot
UAV_AV80R

Postby Geert » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:07 am

Thanks,
Chuggie

Hi Chuggie,

A few times I lost control and I managed to regain control every time by turn off the controller and then turn on again. Toggle the S1 switch and switch it to gps mode again.
This worked for me .

Cheers.
Geert

Postby Chuggie » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:12 pm

Hey Guys

I took it up again, and flew it out of communications range. What I learned was that turning the controller off and on has no effect. However throwing the S1 switch from Up (GPS Mode) to Down (Manual Mode) gives control back. After you have re-established control you can flip the switch back up to GPS mode in order to fly with GPS position locking again.

Thanks for the Help,
Chuggie
Chuggie

Postby Chuggie » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:09 pm

Geert wrote:

Thanks,
Chuggie

Hi Chuggie,

A few times I lost control and I managed to regain control every time by turn off the controller and then turn on again. Toggle the S1 switch and switch it to gps mode again.
This worked for me .

Cheers.

Thanks for the Help
Chuggie

Return to DJI Phantom Vision