Advanced search

Cases for Phantom Vision

Discuss the DJI Phantom Vision Camera and FPV System

Moderators: Adam, gunslinger, DeweyAXD, Geert, BenDronePilot

• Advertisement
The World's Best Personal Drone

Re: Cases for Phantom Vision

Postby Audaciter » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:47 am

If it's your first Phantom, then it shouldn't matter. As soon as the Vision is available, cases will be be too.
Audaciter

Advertisement

Postby Firestat » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:52 am

From what I can tell, it looks as if the box it comes in will work for a while. It looks like it fits in there with the landing gear on it.
Firestat

Postby Studiowise » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:56 am

Not sure if this might help, here's my (first) attempt at a case for my Vision based on the CPC Case.

It is VERY tight for spacing on the props so for arduous transit I would probably remove the props seeing as they easily screw on and off and self tighten.

For the vision controller I've found you have to remove the holder for iPhone (or other handset) and the WIFI range extender. It's a 10 second job so not exactly a pain.
I've chosen to keep the battery charger and mains lead in there as well so it's all self contained.
Spare props were a last minute addition.

I have some more foam and a new hot wire cutter coming so my next edition might be a little different but this will do until then.
Studiowise

Postby Studiowise » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:50 pm

Yep, very tight.
What I did was balance small bits of paper on the ends of all 4 props so when I closed the case very S L O W L Y, I could see if the case lid knocked any off.
I then used some black 3 inch plastic cocktail sticks to 'pin' the props in a safe position by pushing them vertically into the foam.
Studiowise

Postby AHill » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:57 pm

Found this case at MCM Electronics: Duratool 22-17815 comes with foam inserts, internal size is 21.5 L x 13.75 W x 11 H. It has 1.9 inch more length for props and 3 inch more height than Duratool box being used for original Phantom. Price with 15% off coupon available on internet is $50.99 plus $13.49 UPS shipping. It does not have pressure relief valve but otherwise looks like Duratool 468 used for Phantom.
AHill

Postby AHill » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:01 am

I ordered that case yesterday, I'll let you know if it measures to stated specs.
AHill

Postby flydogs » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:21 am

vision-in-case.jpg
Vision in Pelican case
vision-in-case.jpg (149.68 KiB) Viewed 2543 times
Here it is in my Pelican 1560 case. I have the props at an angle. The transmitter is a bit tricky with the Wifi and iPhone holder dongle. I even have a space waiting for an extra battery or two. But 310 bucks for two is STEEP!
Attachments
vision-in-case-2.jpg
vision-in-case-2.jpg (126.93 KiB) Viewed 2543 times
flydogs

Postby PhantomFan » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:42 am

AHill wrote:Found this case at MCM Electronics: Duratool 22-17815 comes with foam inserts, internal size is 21.5 L x 13.75 W x 11 H. It has 1.9 inch more length for props and 3 inch more height than Duratool box being used for original Phantom. Price with 15% off coupon available on internet is $50.99 plus $13.49 UPS shipping. It does not have pressure relief valve but otherwise looks like Duratool 468 used for Phantom.

Yeah...it comes with foam, but not PLUCKED foam. Got mine yesterday and the case itself is awesome. The "foam" is three discrete thick pieces. Gonna be a task to get it cut neatly to fit all the bits I want to put in it. Not exactly happy about that. :cry:

EDIT: OK, I'm an idiot. Upon closer inspection it >>IS<< plucked foam. It just wasn't immediately apparent because it is so finely cut.

PF
A soul in tension -- that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
- Pink Floyd
PhantomFan

Postby Wangta » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:46 am

Khakis1999 wrote:Ach i ordered that case from McM thinking it would be bigger than the other one. Specs say it is, when she showed up today, it was exactly the same size as the other one. Tight

Wait, sot he larger one is the same size? Looking at the dimensions, it says the INTERNAL length is 1" longer than the typical Duratool everyone used for the Phantom 1. Here are the two:

Duratool for Phantom 1: Approximate internal Dimensions (L x W x H): 19 1/2" x 13 1/2" x 8"

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/2 ... nfirmEmail

Duratool for Phantom 2? Approximate internal dimensions (L x W x H): 20 1/2" x 13" x 11 1/2"

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/D ... -/22-17815
Wangta

Postby jimre » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:33 pm

Looks like the main difference is the larger one is 3.5" taller (deeper). I bought the smaller one, seeing that it had lots of reviews from Phantom pilots - but those were apparently for original Phantom. My P2V *just barely* fits in the smaller one, but only if I remove the "egg crate" foam from the top, and replace it with a thin sheet of 1/4" foam instead. Taller would have been better!
jimre

Next

• Advertisement

Return to DJI Phantom Vision