• Advertisement

Advanced search

New Phantom V1.1.1

News about the DJI Phantom Quadcopter

Moderators: Adam, LuvMyTJ

New Phantom V1.1.1

Postby fleckster » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:32 am

I just got an update email from Helipal about an updated Phantom. Here are the details:

DJI Phantom latest update (2013/Oct-Nov)
Upgraded to NAZA V2 Flight Controller
Greatly increase stability, NAZA V2 can be plugged with gadgets like the DJI iOSD Mini (Flight Data to overlay on FPV system) or 2.4Ghz DataLink Module so that Phantom can use waypoint function. However, the stock Phantom cannot plug an play with 2.4G datalink because there is no CAN-BUS connector on the new main board. So you need to purchase a PMU for Naza-M V2 to connect 2.4G datalink. Also, 2.4Ghz datalink sold separately (coming soon)

Dual Antenna (Futaba FASST standard ready)
It came with a new receiver, if you have a Futaba FASST standard transmitter, you can use that to bind the Phantom, for how to bind, you need to checkout DJI's website.

Self-tightening Propellers
Many players have the propellers flew away because they forgot to secure the propellers, so DJI updated with Self-Tightening props, that helps!

Comes with Gimbal Tilt Angle Lever
If you have a gimbal on the Phantom, you can control the angle with this little lever
fleckster

Advertisement

Re: New Phantom V1.1.1

Postby NCHoytArcher » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:40 am

I just picked mine up Saturday. It does have the dual antennas and the new prop nuts. Does this mean I have this version of the Phantom? Im sorry if that is a dumb question. Thank you.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
NCHoytArcher

Postby martcerv » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:01 am

Just got this email too, but isnt there meant to be a v2 phantom? I was hoping for the larger battery shell to mod my v1 phantom with. :mrgreen:

Some people have said they bought v1.2 phantoms already so its all getting a little confusing, interesting with the Futaba FASST receiver but I doubt its going to be as strong as an actual futaba receiver.
martcerv

Postby jumanoc » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:27 am

It is strange but the new Phantom version shows 1.1.1 not 1.2 Another DJI's out of rules on version notation ...
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
jumanoc

Postby 2120 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:34 am

So, does this mean the new "Vision" will have these upgrades plus the camera?
The day I can't go to work drunk is the day I'll turn in my badge and gun!

Postby martcerv » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:54 am

The vision has a bit more to it, I saw in a video somewhere with colin how the led's worked together to give info more then just the single rear led. Also they had some pretty interesting looking 9 inch props which must be pretty good seeing the flight times possible with the vision at 20 to 25 min with a 4400mah battery.

I would assume there is still a newer v2 phantom coming with the larger props and battery, not real huge on the dji plugin large battery but bigger space should give some good options for other batteries.
martcerv

Postby jumanoc » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:25 am

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
jumanoc

Postby timholyoake » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:57 am

Let me clear things up a little (As I see it).

DJI released the phantom V1.
This is a ready to go quad which is aimed at the RTF Air Photography market, and designed from the-out set to work with the GoPro. Better, more stable, images can be obtained if a gimbal is bought for extra cash. Although for most hobbyists the supplied kit will suffice .
It was quite obvious from an early time that there were a few improvements that could help, So DJI has incorporated these in the production line. These are then referred to as V1.1 etc (I am assuming again that V1.1.1 etc would be minor changes, and that for slightly bigger changes V1.2.1 etc would be used). So, essentially, the bigger the number the newer, And the closer to the start of that number the greater the difference. (I am guessing, but it appears to make sense to me.

The bigger jump, will be a re-modelling of the Phantom . This will include new operating frequencies, add on software telemetrics etc feed back to iPhone/iPad, etc, and a camera (yet to be seen, But appears from you tube footage, to be not quite up to spec with the GoPro, and will not ship with a gimbal). This will be the Phantom Vision. Aimed at people who want to fly great RTF quads, and take good Aerial pics. BUT not the main entry level Aerial Photography Pro. And with a slightly cheaper price tag attached to it.

This is where I ASSUME ( and this is ALL speculation) the Phantom V2 will come in.

I believe that it will be similar to a Phantom Vision, but without the camera. Allowing you to add the Zenmuse Gimbal and the GoPro camera at your discretion. Thereby giving you all the pros of the new system AND the Pros of the old, BUT (Hopefully) none of the short comings of the old.

However in order to get the better quality images (If that is what you want) you will have to shell out a little extra cash for the extra kit, which will give you better results. Which is what you need to do at the moment with the DJI Phantom V1 etc.

Start saving guys, I know I am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rht-QarvEM4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK9FRo_JPDs
There are old pilots, There are bold pilots, Only with R.C. will you get old,bold pilots.
timholyoake

Postby linter » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:45 am

love the ability to bind to futaba tx. one thing about the below. i might be wrong, but i think the mini iosd connects not to the nava v2 but to the v2 pmu, so if this version doesn't come with the v2 pmu, you're going to need to buy one to use the iosd. can anyone confirm?

fleckster wrote:I just got an update email from Helipal about an updated Phantom. Here are the details:

DJI Phantom latest update (2013/Oct-Nov)
Greatly increase stability, NAZA V2 can be plugged with gadgets like the DJI iOSD Mini (Flight Data to overlay on FPV system) or 2.4Ghz DataLink Module so that Phantom can use waypoint function. However, the stock Phantom cannot plug an play with 2.4G datalink because there is no CAN-BUS connector on the new main board. So you need to purchase a PMU for Naza-M V2 to connect 2.4G datalink. Also, 2.4Ghz datalink sold separately (coming soon)

Dual Antenna (Futaba FASST standard ready)
It came with a new receiver, if you have a Futaba FASST standard transmitter, you can use that to bind the Phantom, for how to bind, you need to checkout DJI's website.

Self-tightening Propellers
Many players have the propellers flew away because they forgot to secure the propellers, so DJI updated with Self-Tightening props, that helps!

Comes with Gimbal Tilt Angle Lever
If you have a gimbal on the Phantom, you can control the angle with this little lever
linter

Postby martcerv » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:14 am

linter wrote:love the ability to bind to futaba tx. one thing about the below. i might be wrong, but i think the mini iosd connects not to the nava v2 but to the v2 pmu, so if this version doesn't come with the v2 pmu, you're going to need to buy one to use the iosd. can anyone confirm?

fleckster wrote:DJI Phantom latest update (2013/Oct-Nov)

Thats rather confusing and first it says NAZA v2 can have extras like the iOSD mini but then it says there is no canbus port so you still need the PMU even with NAZA v2.

I just installed the mini iOSD today looks pretty cool, havent flown it yet and likely wont get a chance for a few days at least due to gale force winds. If there is no canbus port then you cant connect the osd unit.
martcerv

Next

• Advertisement

Return to News