• Advertisement

Advanced search

RageCams Lens 5.4 mm to PV

Discuss the DJI Phantom Vision Camera and FPV System

Moderators: Adam, gunslinger, DeweyAXD, Geert, BenDronePilot

RageCams Lens 5.4 mm to PV

Postby juarboleda » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:27 pm

Anybody ordered RageCams lens 5.4 mm to PV ? They Have it lens for US$489,00, you need to send to mail your camera, Whit this lens you can avoid the fisheye efect for aerial photography, interesting...
juarboleda

Advertisement

Re: RageCams Lens 5.4 mm to PV

Postby Morgan 1983 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:15 pm

Thanks for posting, I find the fisheye a real pain in the ass so this sounds great. Does it keep the 140 degree FOV?
Anyone that has a GP hero; what is the fisheye effect like in comparison to the PV.
Morgan 1983

Postby juarboleda » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:21 pm

Not the Fov is similar to a 50mm lens on a 35mm camera I think, to video the movements are increased by viewing angle as an telephoto lens
juarboleda

Postby Jdacal » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:06 pm

I got one last week. It will probably be another week before I can test it since my Phantom 2 system hasn't shipped yet.

Pictures look pretty good at ground level. Definitely no fisheye. I'll try to take a few pictures tomorrow with it and post them. Also there are videos on you tube using that lens.
Jdacal

Postby juarboleda » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi Jdacal The Fov is similar to a 50mm lens on a 35mm camera ? Please post the pictures...Thanks
Jdacal wrote:I got one last week. It will probably be another week before I can test it since my Phantom 2 system hasn't shipped yet.

Pictures look pretty good at ground level. Definitely no fisheye. I'll try to take a few pictures tomorrow with it and post them. Also there are videos on you tube using that lens.
juarboleda

Postby Jdacal » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:18 pm

I haven't forgotten about the pictures. Its just that its been pretty cloudy here in South Florida the last couple of days. If its sunny tomorrow I'll take shots with a standard GoPro and the modified one as well.
Jdacal

Postby Jdacal » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:27 pm

Its still cloudy here in South Florida but there was pretty even light today so I figured I'd give it a try.

- These shots were taken using a GoPro3 Black with standard lens and a RageCam with the modified lens.

- Cameras were on a tripod and shot was triggered via the GoPro app.

- The day was overcast

- The shots were taken about 2:45 PM EST facing towards the East

- I focused the RageCam on the number "11" shown in this picture at a distance of 180 feet viewing it on a 55" Sony HD TV. Distance was measured with a Bosh GLR825 laser. The RageCam site suggests about 150 feet. I found that at the focus setting I received it from RageCam the "11" was blurry, so I refocused.

This picture lets you see were the "11" is located in the images to use for reference as you view the pictures:

Focus.jpg
Photo showing the sign with "11" written on it that was used for focusing the RageCam at a distance of 180 feet.
Focus.jpg (80.23 KiB) Viewed 638 times

These two pictures were taken with a GoPro 3 Black and RageCam set to "12MP WIDE".

GoPro3 Black 12MP Wide.JPG
GoPro 3 Black at 12MP WIDE
GoPro3 Black 12MP Wide.JPG (384.35 KiB) Viewed 638 times

RageCam 12MP Wide.JPG
RageCam set to "12MP WIDE"
RageCam 12MP Wide.JPG (437.28 KiB) Viewed 638 times

I can only add 3 attachments so you can download the full resolution shots using this DropBox link, also the ones posted on the forum are only 1024 x 768 so very poor resolution:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p971d4m2wbm26j5/-DYIEY71eX

You'll also find another set of shots taken at "7MP MED" setting there.

I haven't taken any aerial shots yet as I am still wating for my Phantom 2 to ship.
Jdacal

Postby juarboleda » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:22 pm

JDacal thanks for share, looks good and exploits the sensor surface, I want to put in the PV camera but is expensive US$ 490

Thanks again

Jdacal wrote:Its still cloudy here in South Florida but there was pretty even light today so I figured I'd give it a try.

- These shots were taken using a GoPro3 Black with standard lens and a RageCam with the modified lens.

- Cameras were on a tripod and shot was triggered via the GoPro app.

- The day was overcast

- The shots were taken about 2:45 PM EST facing towards the East

- I focused the RageCam on the number "11" shown in this picture at a distance of 180 feet viewing it on a 55" Sony HD TV. Distance was measured with a Bosh GLR825 laser. The RageCam site suggests about 150 feet. I found that at the focus setting I received it from RageCam the "11" was blurry, so I refocused.

This picture lets you see were the "11" is located in the images to use for reference as you view the pictures:

Focus.jpg

These two pictures were taken with a GoPro 3 Black and RageCam set to "12MP WIDE".

GoPro3 Black 12MP Wide.JPG

RageCam 12MP Wide.JPG

I can only add 3 attachments so you can download the full resolution shots using this DropBox link, also the ones posted on the forum are only 1024 x 768 so very poor resolution:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p971d4m2wbm26j5/-DYIEY71eX

You'll also find another set of shots taken at "7MP MED" setting there.

I haven't taken any aerial shots yet as I am still wating for my Phantom 2 to ship.
juarboleda

Postby Jdacal » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:33 pm

Expensive? You can say that again!

I ended up buying it with the camera, almost $1000. But I wanted to be able to switch cameras quickly, without having to do a lens change in the field.
Jdacal

Postby juarboleda » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:55 pm

Where I can buy the FC200, but the wireless network switches to change the camera ?

Jdacal wrote:Expensive? You can say that again!

I ended up buying it with the camera, almost $1000. But I wanted to be able to switch cameras quickly, without having to do a lens change in the field.
juarboleda

Next

• Advertisement

Return to DJI Phantom Vision