• Advertisement

Advanced search

Adobe Camera Raw update 8.3 for the Vision

Discuss the DJI Phantom Vision Camera and FPV System

Moderators: Adam, gunslinger, DeweyAXD, Geert, BenDronePilot

Adobe Camera Raw update 8.3 for the Vision

Postby iquittoo » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:00 pm

Adobe has release a Camera Raw update for PhotoShop CS6 & CC. Also release Lightroom 5.3. Both updates have a Phantom Vision Lens correction profile. Updating my Photoshop and Lightroom as I type this. Can't wait to try out the lens correction.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/ ... ileID=5705

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/ ... ileID=5707
iquittoo

Advertisement

Re: Adobe Camera Raw update 8.3 for the Vision

Postby Bwells » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:08 am

iquittoo wrote:Adobe has release a Camera Raw update for PhotoShop CS6 & CC. Also release Lightroom 5.3. Both updates have a Phantom Vision Lens correction profile. Updating my Photoshop and Lightroom as I type this. Can't wait to try out the lens correction.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/ ... ileID=5705

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/ ... ileID=5707

Thanks for the heads up. Wonder if anything was altered at all now that it is included in lens profiles?
Bwells

Postby Mactab » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:14 am

unless I'm mistaken or I'm doing it wrong you cannot open raw files from the Vision with this update.
I stand to be corrected of course.
Mactab

Postby PAValentine » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:08 am

Mactab wrote:unless I'm mistaken or I'm doing it wrong you cannot open raw files from the Vision with this update.
I stand to be corrected of course.

I have not found anything that seems to support the PV camera Raw in the details of either of the two mentioned downloads. That is unless DJI is using a sensor and lens profile used in one of the other supported cameras,
The OP states that the 'Lens Profile' is supported, and that is not a raw converter. That simply means that on jpg files, lens distortion corrections are supported.
If DJI Raw is supported in the DNG converter, (which I couldn't see the DJI listed in the new camera support), then the raw file could be converted to a DNG (Adobe Digital Negative) file which Lightroom should be able open.

Correct ME if I'm wrong on this…

Paul
PAValentine

Postby Sledge » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:12 pm

I can't seem to get those to work on my PC ……I just get the grey pixelated image also.

*would like to try on my MAC - but these downloads say Windows platform

We need to be able to open the RAW, it will allow for much improved images!!!!! DJI/Adobe - please help!
P2V + Dronexpert 2-axis gimbal
P2Z + Futaba 14sg + H3-3D + GPH3B + Diversity monitor

"To whom much is given, much is expected."
Sledge

Postby PAValentine » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:40 pm

Sledge wrote:I can't seem to get those to work on my PC ……I just get the grey pixelated image also.

*would like to try on my MAC - but these downloads say Windows platform

We need to be able to open the RAW, it will allow for much improved images!!!!! DJI/Adobe - please help!

The Mac version is on the website. Just go to the "New Downloads" link on the upper right of the page.

The OP must be a Windows User.
PAValentine

Postby myquietwaters » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:55 pm

doesnt look like the MAC raw converter covers the DJI PV2 camera...unrecognized raw format when trying to convert it to DNG
myquietwaters

Postby jimre » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:33 pm

myquietwaters wrote:doesnt look like the MAC raw converter covers the DJI PV2 camera...unrecognized raw format when trying to convert it to DNG

There is *no* available RAW converter that currently handles the proprietary DJI Phantom RAW format - doesn't matter whether it's Windows or Mac. The OP was simply wrong, if that's what he was implying.

The Adobe updates mentioned just include the P2V *LENS PROFILE* for correcting fisheye distortion in JPEG images - nothing more.
jimre

Postby MikeB » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:47 am

My reading of the latest announcement is not that the camera will produce a proprietary .raw file that can to be converted to DNG, but that the camera will produce an Adobe DNG file within the camera. The DNG format is essentially a universal-raw format, so any software that supports the standard will be able to display the images without further conversions. I use Adobe Lightroom for my images, and it allows you to convert other raw formats to DNG when it imports the images.
MikeB

Postby jimre » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:55 pm

MikeB wrote:My reading of the latest announcement is not that the camera will produce a proprietary .raw file that can to be converted to DNG, but that the camera will produce an Adobe DNG file within the camera. The DNG format is essentially a universal-raw format, so any software that supports the standard will be able to display the images without further conversions. I use Adobe Lightroom for my images, and it allows you to convert other raw formats to DNG when it imports the images.

Yes, I understand. That will be wonderful. But *right now* the camera produces a proprietary RAW file that cannot be read by anything.
jimre

Next

• Advertisement

Return to DJI Phantom Vision