• Advertisement

Advanced search

STICKY: 7/29 Main v3.06 CB v1.0.1.32 + New iOS & Droid Apps

Discuss the DJI Phantom Vision Camera and FPV System

Moderators: Adam, gunslinger, DeweyAXD, Geert, BenDronePilot

Re: Upgrade firmware B4 flying your new Vision! Updated 12/3

Postby garygid » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:13 pm

Rc Transmitter turned on?

Battery for P2V charged, in the P2V, and turned On?

Install the DJI Phantom driver in the PC,
plugging in the P2V when the PC asks for it?
All-electric Nissan 2011 LEAF driver.
The P2V is my first RC, about a dozen short flights now.
I got a Hobby People HPHELI Quad to practice flying.
Cheers to All, Gary
garygid
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:55 am
Location: Laguna Hills, Orange county, CA 92653

Advertisement

Re: Upgrade firmware B4 flying your new Vision! Updated 12/3

Postby djscoutmaster » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:24 pm

correct. i was able to upgrade the firmware on the PV quadracopter but when i plugged in the transmitter there was no response from the program. nothing seems to come up under the "upgrade" panel.
djscoutmaster
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: Upgrade firmware B4 flying your new Vision! Updated 12/3

Postby garygid » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:23 pm

For checking and updating the RC Transmitter, you cannot use the Mac,
and must use the RC Assistant, not the P2V Assistant program on the PC.
All-electric Nissan 2011 LEAF driver.
The P2V is my first RC, about a dozen short flights now.
I got a Hobby People HPHELI Quad to practice flying.
Cheers to All, Gary
garygid
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:55 am
Location: Laguna Hills, Orange county, CA 92653

Re: Upgrade firmware B4 flying your new Vision! Updated 12/3

Postby t.rexxer » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:28 pm

garygid wrote:For checking and updating the RC Transmitter, you cannot use the Mac,
and must use the RC Assistant, not the P2V Assistant program on the PC.


Good info garygid. Thanks for this. Still haven' taken the time to do this but everything else is a go, including using my 1st edition Nexus 7 as the video uplink. Too cold to fly now. Maybe over the weekend.
t.rexxer
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:34 pm

Re: Upgrade firmware B4 flying your new Vision! Updated 12/3

Postby iDrone » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:37 pm

Correction Jan 4th highlighted in RED:

DJI has not yet released RC Assistant for the Mac. However you should still be able to operate your upgraded Vision irregardless.

[Correction: DJI warns upgrading one and not the other may result in "potential communications failure" so you must upgrade the TX/Controller to at least v1.0.2.22 before upgrading Vision to v1.05 or later - thanks to BenDtonePilot for catching this]

The following list of features were added or improved in the latest RC firmware but not having them does -not- inhibit control & operation of your upgraded Vision:

a) Algorithm is improved so that even under CE compliant mode, the communication range of Remote Controller can achieve around 400 meters in open areas.

b) Using RC Assistant Software, users can calibrate the sticks and switch between Mode 1 and Mode 2.

c) Other minor bugs fixed.

If you have Parallels or VMware Fusion running on your Mac, you can download & install RC Assistant for PC and upgrade your TX/Controller that way.

iDrone
Last edited by iDrone on Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
iDrone
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:10 am
Location: Los Angeles, California USA

Re: Upgrade firmware B4 flying your new Vision! Updated 12/3

Postby FlyingKiwi » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:12 am

iDrone you have just written and updated the bible for the P2V - thanks mate - it's greatly appreciated....and gives me confidence :D
FlyingKiwi
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:51 am

Re: Upgrade firmware B4 flying your new Vision! Updated 12/3

Postby BenDronePilot » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:48 am

iDrone wrote:DJI has not yet released RC Assistant for the Mac. However you should still be able to operate your upgraded Vision irregardless. The following list of features were added or improved in the latest RC firmware but not having them does -not- inhibit control & operation of your upgraded Vision:

a) Algorithm is improved so that even under CE compliant mode, the communication range of Remote Controller can achieve around 400 meters in open areas.

b) Using RC Assistant Software, users can calibrate the sticks and switch between Mode 1 and Mode 2.

c) Other minor bugs fixed.

If you have Parallels or VMware Fusion running on your Mac, you can download & install RC Assistant for PC and upgrade your TX/Controller that way.

iDrone


What I would be concerned about here are the "other bug fixes" DJI themselves also recommends against updating the Phantom without the RC being updated along with it. So in my opinion it's bad advice to recommend to anyone to update their firmware if their RC remote isn't at the current version as well. It's seriously not worth the risk of potentially loosing control of your Phantom.
BenDronePilot
 
Posts: 810
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:46 am

Re: Upgrade firmware B4 flying your new Vision! Updated 12/3

Postby iResq » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:46 pm

iDrone wrote:[EDIT: 12/07]
How to upgrade your camera firmware:
WARNING: As up this edit (12/08) there have been a few posts of users no longer being able to access their cameras after attempting the update. Some have had success by rebinding the repeater & camera (see manual). DJI advises a "factory reset" may be required, but was unspecific whether this could be done by the end-user or the unit must be returned to the dealer or factory. If you're camera is currently working, you might want to wait until this is sorted out first. FYI the upgrade enables 25Frame 50Hz television standard support. If you want to proceed follow the steps below.

iDrone


So those of us in the States don't need to upgrade firmware if this is the only change. Correct? (and thanks iDrone)
User avatar
iResq
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:46 am
Location: Annapolis, Maryland

P2V Camera Bricked on Failed Firmware Update

Postby scgrout » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:40 pm

I attempted a firmware update for the P2V camera to 1.1.8. The firmware update did not complete properly and now the P2V camera is bricked. The status LED on the camera is constant red (or orange) regardless of switch position. There is no connectivity to the camera at all. According to the manual, a red LED means a "critical error" and requires a "factory reset."

This happened about 15 days ago and I have searched and searched the forums with no luck. I have also emailed DJI tech support 3 times now without single reply from them. I purchased the P2V direct from DJI, so there is no dealer I can turn to. I am now going on 3 weeks with a broken Phantom and no help or hope of getting it fixed. This has turned a $1,200 purchase into a very frustrating experience. I would not recommend this product to others based on how easily it can be bricked and the lack of responsiveness from the maker.

I would appreciate any help I can get. If anyone knows (a) how to reach DJI tech support, or (b) what a factory camera reset is, or (c) how a user might do a factory reset on the camera, or (d) any other resource I might turn to to get my P2V flying again I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
scgrout
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:27 pm

Re: P2V Camera Bricked on Failed Firmware Update

Postby Klaus » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:57 pm

scgrout wrote:I attempted a firmware update for the P2V camera to 1.1.8. The firmware update did not complete properly and now the P2V camera is bricked. The status LED on the camera is constant red (or orange) regardless of switch position. There is no connectivity to the camera at all. According to the manual, a red LED means a "critical error" and requires a "factory reset."

This happened about 15 days ago and I have searched and searched the forums with no luck. I have also emailed DJI tech support 3 times now without single reply from them. I purchased the P2V direct from DJI, so there is no dealer I can turn to. I am now going on 3 weeks with a broken Phantom and no help or hope of getting it fixed. This has turned a $1,200 purchase into a very frustrating experience. I would not recommend this product to others based on how easily it can be bricked and the lack of responsiveness from the maker.

I would appreciate any help I can get. If anyone knows (a) how to reach DJI tech support, or (b) what a factory camera reset is, or (c) how a user might do a factory reset on the camera, or (d) any other resource I might turn to to get my P2V flying again I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your help.


SHiiiiiiiiiit I would be SO Pist off. Mostly because of the lack of support from DJI :!:
Is it possible for you to phone them?
Im sure you of course have tried to do a new update? ALso try to download the file from DJI again and try again.
There are two files in the update the Firmware.bin and a Txt file. I don't know at all if the update need the txt file also but I have just updated my camera 5 mins ago and that was without any problems (I hope, because I haven't tried it yet).

I was thinking if there are anyway we as a usergroup can send a complain to DJI, not only for your problem but for their lack of service in general. I think if it was written professional and from the whole community here, they have to take it serious. For what I can see, we are about 4,500 members in here!!!!!

Again I'm really feeling with you, and hope you get it sorted as fast as posibble.

Cheers
Klaus
Klaus
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:54 pm

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to DJI Phantom Vision

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nugget and 4 guests

  • Advertisement