• Advertisement

Advanced search

Vision - does it have IOC capability or not?

Discuss the DJI Phantom Vision Camera and FPV System

Moderators: Adam, Geert, DeweyAXD, gunslinger, BenDronePilot

Re: Vision - does it have IOC capability or not?

Postby Sidewinder » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:18 am

Had the same problem with the IOC but this is my first Phantom and just figured I got the switches mixed up somehow. Was having fun just flying it didn't matter at the time and when I got home I went to the "assistant" and saw the IOC "OFF". Thought I'd missed something but you can turn it on. eh.

Camera don't work now. (worked for half of one pack) buzzing noise coming from around the camera. No serial numbers on anything but the box and the range extender.

Over all .... fit and finish looks good and it flies really well. Lost the WiFi at 480' Altitude and about 100 meters out. came right back when I descended back through 450. Thought I was golden for a while today and the camera just stopped working after recharging the battery.
User avatar
Sidewinder
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:13 pm

Re: Vision - does it have IOC capability or not?

Postby Bleach.e46 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:31 am

Hi Guys,

I have also read in a German forum, that IOC and Att-mode as well as manual mode will not be available for Phantom VISION within the next few month.. earliest in April - do you have any different information on that - maybe directly from Dji? :? :?

http://www.drohnen-forum.de/index.php/T ... C3%BCgbar/

regards
Bleach.e46
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:27 am

Re: Vision - does it have IOC capability or not?

Postby Drone7 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:09 am

Bleach.e46, i dont know how your German is but i read it different.
As far as i know this is the situation at the moment (look at the first one):

5 november 2013

Update Info for Phantom 2 Vision

1. DJI will release a PC assistant software update for Phantom 2 Vision V1.05,with which, users can enable IOC on Phantom 2 Vision (You may need to firstly upgrade to firmware V1.05 on your Phantom 2 Vision)

2. A firmware update on the Phantom 2 Vision Autopilot system (V1.05) will be released this week or early next week.

3. The 5.8GHz receiver has a firmware update (v1.0.1.3) on this Monday. You can upgrade it via the PC assistant software. The Remote Controller also has a firmware update (v1.0.2.22). You can upgrade it via Remote Controller's assistant software which will be put on the website within this week.
Note1: This powerful upgrade allows you even under CE compliant mode, you can get 400m control range.
Note2: You must upgrade both Remote Controller and Receiver in order to let them work properly.

4. DJI is going to release a "Lens Filter Mount Kit" as spare part for Phantom 2 Vision within a few (1-2) weeks. The "Lens Filter Mount Kit" helps photographers to mount their 46mm lens filter on the Vision camera. The price will also be released later.

5. DJI is going to release PC software to convert its own RAW format to Adobe DNG RAW within a few weeks.

6. Some users accidentally pushed the reset button on the Range Extender which clears the binding between the Range Extender and Vision's Camera. We should warn the users before they do it as follows:
Do not press the reset button next to on/off switch on the Range Extender, which would clear the binding between Range Extender and Vision Camera. If this happens accidentally, then you have to re-bind them according to the instruction in Phantom 2 Vision User manual.
Drone7
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Vision - does it have IOC capability or not?

Postby Pull_Up » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:44 am

Sounds like a translation of exactly the same info I saw on "another forum" from a reputable poster with links to DJI.
User avatar
Pull_Up
 
Posts: 3638
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:13 am
Location: South Oxfordshire, UK

Re: Vision - does it have IOC capability or not?

Postby gunslinger » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:46 am

Pull_Up wrote:Sounds like a translation of exactly the same info I saw on "another forum" from a reputable poster with links to DJI.


This is also what I heard.

On a similar note. I can't believe you have to take the TX apart in order to update the firmware. They couldn't put a jack on the case somewhere???

-slinger
Okay... enough about the "XOXOXO" brand props, already...
Please visit http://droneslinger.com
If you have any ideas for the website, feel free to share...
User avatar
gunslinger
 
Posts: 1616
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:15 pm
Location: Southern New England

Re: Vision - does it have IOC capability or not?

Postby Ffwrnais » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:17 pm

I'm certainly hoping that IOC will be added shortly. As it seems fully functional on the Phantom V1, can't really see why it's not there from the start.
My concern is the lack of clarity about ATTI Mode and GPS Mode. The manual implies that the Vision has both modes with GPS being selected when you have flashing greens and ATTI when they are yellow. Well, mine can't be switched to ATTI mode by any method I can find. Switch 1 doesn't seem to have any effect and we are told that switch 2 is 'reserved' which should be for the IOC anyway. I'd like to be able to select ATTI as it gives smoother take offs and can give better stability for photography.
Something to look forward to! Otherwise, I'm very impressed with Vision.
Ffwrnais
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Re: Vision - does it have IOC capability or not?

Postby JustJames » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:09 am

Drone7 wrote:Bleach.e46, i dont know how your German is but i read it different.
As far as i know this is the situation at the moment (look at the first one):

5 november 2013

Update Info for Phantom 2 Vision

1. DJI will release a PC assistant software update for Phantom 2 Vision V1.05,with which, users can enable IOC on Phantom 2 Vision (You may need to firstly upgrade to firmware V1.05 on your Phantom 2 Vision)

2. A firmware update on the Phantom 2 Vision Autopilot system (V1.05) will be released this week or early next week.

3. The 5.8GHz receiver has a firmware update (v1.0.1.3) on this Monday. You can upgrade it via the PC assistant software. The Remote Controller also has a firmware update (v1.0.2.22). You can upgrade it via Remote Controller's assistant software which will be put on the website within this week.
Note1: This powerful upgrade allows you even under CE compliant mode, you can get 400m control range.
Note2: You must upgrade both Remote Controller and Receiver in order to let them work properly.

4. DJI is going to release a "Lens Filter Mount Kit" as spare part for Phantom 2 Vision within a few (1-2) weeks. The "Lens Filter Mount Kit" helps photographers to mount their 46mm lens filter on the Vision camera. The price will also be released later.

5. DJI is going to release PC software to convert its own RAW format to Adobe DNG RAW within a few weeks.

6. Some users accidentally pushed the reset button on the Range Extender which clears the binding between the Range Extender and Vision's Camera. We should warn the users before they do it as follows:
Do not press the reset button next to on/off switch on the Range Extender, which would clear the binding between Range Extender and Vision Camera. If this happens accidentally, then you have to re-bind them according to the instruction in Phantom 2 Vision User manual.


Wow. Thats a lot of info. Seems like positive stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Thx for the post.
User avatar
JustJames
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:46 pm

Re: Vision - does it have IOC capability or not?

Postby Billbo » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:28 am

Does anyone know when the IOC capability will be available for the Phantom 2 Vision?
Billbo
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 11:23 pm
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Re: Vision - does it have IOC capability or not?

Postby Drone7 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:28 am

Billbo wrote:Does anyone know when the IOC capability will be available for the Phantom 2 Vision?



Good question because they didn´t do what they promised: To have the update early this week.
What also is bothering me that they added a new video on November 11 how to fly the Vision and that is without the IOC :shock:

For me is ok to wait as long as the firmware is working as it should but I would like to know a deadline for the update because i know well enough how the Phantom looks like on my desk and i want it in the air where it should be.

http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-2-vision-downloads/
Drone7
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Vision - does it have IOC capability or not?

Postby Sidewinder » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:03 am

If you notice his Iphone on the video he's got 143 e-mails waiting .... Phantom's sitting on desks all over the place. LOL
User avatar
Sidewinder
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:13 pm

PreviousNext

Return to DJI Phantom Vision

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: enterprise1, RiverRat A20, sunnyside and 10 guests

  • Advertisement