• Advertisement

Advanced search

DJI Phantom Modifications

Discuss the DJI Phantom Vision Camera and FPV System

Moderators: Adam, gunslinger, DeweyAXD, Geert, BenDronePilot

DJI Phantom Modifications

Postby RamDez » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:28 am

Hi Have to say, being new to this, I have been amazed at some of the mods people have made to their Phantoms. The latest one being a big assed camera bolted to the bottom and sticks drilled into the body for legs :lol:

I do applaud people for wanting to push the envelope but I bet DJI are pissing themselves with some of these :geek:

Just my tuppence worth. If you want a bigger drone, go build one.

flame on ;)
RamDez

Advertisement

Re: DJI Phantom Modifications

Postby Hiway » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:10 am

RamDez wrote:...

Just my tuppence worth. If you want a bigger drone, go build one.

flame on ;)

...and a bargain if your shopping opinions and assholes, 'eh?

I will build a bigger UAV... but I practice on my Phantom. I cannot help it if I was suckered into buying something I outgrew 10min after flying it twice. Ironic considering when people are shopping their first motorcycle I always tell them to buy a small used "mini bike" and then when they get serious to go out and get what they want- I should have probably bought a hubsan or a little Blade with a camera on it.

The rub is, most folks are not indoctrinated into the r/c hobby when they buy a Phantom... they are only seeking something unique to grab pictures from a vantage point; it is through seeking help online that DJI doesn't provide that they discover the world of wild and wonderful whirleybirds without wings.
Hiway

• Advertisement

Return to DJI Phantom Vision