• Advertisement

Advanced search

Carbon fiber 9in phantom props from DSLRpros

DJI Phantom Quadcopter General Discussion

Moderators: Adam, OI Photography, gunslinger, ElGuano, LuvMyTJ, DeweyAXD

Re: Carbon fiber 9in phantom props from DSLRpros

Postby Audaciter » Sun May 12, 2013 6:07 pm

I got 2 pairs from ebay uk for 22quid

Is a quid the same as a pound sterling ?

How does it compare with a euro ?
Audaciter

Advertisement

Postby freelanceshots » Sun May 12, 2013 11:09 pm

I won't be buying anything again from DLSRpros if their props are just the china props marked way up. That's a pretty big price difference where I could have gotten 2 sets of four. I guess I was the sucker that took the bait.
freelanceshots

Postby Audaciter » Mon May 13, 2013 12:46 am

I won't be buying anything again from DLSRpros if their props are just the china props marked way up. That's a pretty big price difference where I could have gotten 2 sets of four. I guess I was the sucker that took the bait.

It's not just the props either. All their DJI stuff is marked up so high it's disgusting. It pays to shop around, that's for sure.
Audaciter

Postby tanasit » Mon May 13, 2013 4:19 pm

tanasit

Postby freelanceshots » Mon May 13, 2013 4:52 pm

Yea I got their email blast today. Wish they offered a 9in version now. After market companies should be jumping all over this by now. There hero3 black gopro setup looks nice but I don't see prices anywhere. I think I'm done with DLRSpros. I bought my phantom from them as well and I'm surprised that wasn't marked up compared to the others.
freelanceshots

Postby MX45OR » Mon May 13, 2013 5:13 pm

freelanceshots wrote:Yea I got their email blast today. Wish they offered a 9in version now. After market companies should be jumping all over this by now. There hero3 black gopro setup looks nice but I don't see prices anywhere. I think I'm done with DLRSpros. I bought my phantom from them as well and I'm surprised that wasn't marked up compared to the others.

I did as well, did youever get the extra battery they promised for every Phantom sold....Lets just say I'm not too impressed with their customer service. :roll:
MX45OR

Postby Gizmo3000 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:10 pm

MX45OR wrote:
freelanceshots wrote:Yea I got their email blast today. Wish they offered a 9in version now. After market companies should be jumping all over this by now. There hero3 black gopro setup looks nice but I don't see prices anywhere. I think I'm done with DLRSpros. I bought my phantom from them as well and I'm surprised that wasn't marked up compared to the others.

I did as well, did youever get the extra battery they promised for every Phantom sold....Lets just say I'm not too impressed with their customer service. :roll:

I've got mixed thoughts about them as well.
I think their customer service is ok, they respond to emails and do seem to take some interest in helping out owners with their problems.

But they certainly fumbled when offering free additional batteries as incentives, which then took over 2 months to deliver.
and it seems they have no qualms about selling anything else backordered or pre-release. - plus most of their items seem marked up a bit. I bought a replacement shell from them, totally unaware it was backordered! But at least after many weeks of waiting they sold me a used shell so I could be flying again.

I initially went with them because they were "Local" to me, only to discover they have no storefront and work out of a PO box - with items being shipped from Florida! But with everything being sold on the internet these days anyhow that's not a major downer. there is another shop near me (Filmtools) that sells Phantoms, but I don't think they have anyone there who even knows how to work on them.
Gizmo3000

Postby tanasit » Mon May 13, 2013 9:14 pm

I bought my Phantom from DslrPro too and after a month, the USB connection stopped working. I sent them an email saying that the USB connection stopped working and 20 minutes later, they sent me an email with RMA # and instruction on how to ship mine back and they would ship me a new one right away and they will pay for all shipment. I did ask them if I could keep flying my Phantom until the new one arrived then I would ship it back and they're okay with that. The new one was shipped FedEX ground from Florida. All went well except I haven't yet received my credit for shipping back yet! As for the extra free stock battery, I forgot about that so I will send them an email asking for it.
In the beginning a member who also bought his from them lost his prop nuts, so he asked them for but there was no parts available then. Don removed the nuts from a new Phantom and sent him as replacement.

Go figure. :?

As for the mark up, it'll somewhat okay if they have the items in stock and ready to ship so that we don't have to wait several weeks for better prices from oversea. Of course, if you can wait then go for the cheapest ones.
tanasit

Postby freelanceshots » Tue May 14, 2013 9:15 am

extra battery what? I know nothing about that promotion. I must have missed it.
freelanceshots

Postby MX45OR » Tue May 14, 2013 10:20 pm

freelanceshots wrote:extra battery what? I know nothing about that promotion. I must have missed it.

Well, I just gave them a call. They then sent an email asking if it was owed to me from the Phantom order, or I just never recieved it from a previous order. I replied, and the email just hit me with a tracking number. I'll let you know what happens when I get the package.
MX45OR

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to General Discussion