Advanced search

Goodluckbuy Gimbal Questions-HELP!!!!!!

DJI Phantom Quadcopter General Discussion

Moderators: Adam, gunslinger, ElGuano, LuvMyTJ, DeweyAXD, OI Photography

• Advertisement
The World's Best Personal Drone

Goodluckbuy Gimbal Questions-HELP!!!!!!

Postby T8terTotz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:28 pm

So, I just got my GoogLuckBuy gimbal and I have a few questions...
1. After mounting the unit and connecting it to the battery it starts up and levels out. When I move the Phantom the gimbal moves but sometimes it jiggles and stutters. How can I fix this?
2. It did not come with a manual or software, do I need it or is it plug n play?
3. Do I plug it directly into the battery or jump it into the extra wiring off the landing leg?
4. It came with a small length of cable about 6 inches long, female ends, 2 wires (black &white) 3 slots, only the 2 outer slots are wired, the center is not. What is this for?
5. What do I need to control the pitch of the gimbal while in flight?
Last edited by T8terTotz on Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T8terTotz

Advertisement

Re: Goodluckbuy Gimbal Questions

Postby Gizmo3000 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:26 pm

T8terTotz wrote:So, I just got my GoogLuckBuy gimbal and I have a few questions...
1. After mounting the unit and connecting it to the battery it starts up and levels out. When I move the Phantom the gimbal moves but sometimes it jiggles and stutters. How can I fix this?
2. It did not come with a manual or software, do I need it or is it plug n play?
3. Do I plug it directly into the battery or jump it into the extra wiring off the landing leg?
4. It came with a small length of cable about 6 inches long, female ends, 2 wires (black &white) 3 slots, only the 2 outer slots are wired, the center is not. What is this for?

1. make sure your GoPro is well balanced and all the settings are correct (when you connect to a computer)
2. yes, you'll want to get software for it, such as SimpleBGC (google it), there's also some support sites online for people using those gimbals (including a thread on here I believe)
3. connect to the aux power, that's what it's there for!
4. no clue, .that's where good-luck applies. (see what others have done).
5. you'll have to figure out what pin-out on the gimbal control board control pitch.- and then hook that up to the F2 signal-out of the NAZA.
Gizmo3000

Postby Loppy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:19 am

Did you have the camera installed? Mine did that too until I mounted the go pro. It's setup to deal with the weight, without it it will freak out
Loppy

Postby T8terTotz » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:20 am

Loppy wrote:Did you have the camera installed? Mine did that too until I mounted the go pro. It's setup to deal with the weight, without it it will freak out

I'm using a gopro hero 2, not the newest one (black). I wonder if that might be throwing it off, I know the 2 is bigger and heavier than the newest one. I ordered the one for the gopro hero 2 but maybe they sent the wrong one, the hole in the plastic strap that goes over the lens is bigger than the lens on my gopro.
T8terTotz

Postby T8terTotz » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:26 am

Gizmo3000 wrote:
T8terTotz wrote:So, I just got my GoogLuckBuy gimbal and I have a few questions...

1. make sure your GoPro is well balanced and all the settings are correct (when you connect to a computer)
2. yes, you'll want to get software for it, such as SimpleBGC (google it), there's also some support sites online for people using those gimbals (including a thread on here I believe)
3. connect to the aux power, that's what it's there for!
4. no clue, .that's where good-luck applies. (see what others have done).
5. you'll have to figure out what pin-out on the gimbal control board control pitch.- and then hook that up to the F2 signal-out of the NAZA.

BY "well balanced" do you mean strapped on tightly and pushed all the way to the support arm?
T8terTotz

Postby jumanoc » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:11 am

Answering your question in point 4.)

That wires allow tilt (pitch) control from TX. Use the "white" wire to bottom pin in F2 conector in Naza FC for till control. The other wire is ground (GND) and if you power your gimbal with phantom battery, it is not required but if you want, just connnect as is in F2 pin botton is signal (white wire).
In addition you have to add a knob accesory for moving potentiometer in yor TX for tilt control.
Here you can a simple good option:
https://www.shapeways.com/model/1082710/x1-pitch-control-lever.html?li=search-results&materialId=6
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
jumanoc

Postby Gizmo3000 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:49 pm

T8terTotz wrote:BY "well balanced" do you mean strapped on tightly and pushed all the way to the support arm?

no, (but having it strapped on tightly is ideal)

google "balanced gopro gimbal" and watch the videos
or this one
http://vimeo.com/59103463

you don't want the gimbal to be out of balance to the point where it's always trying to correct a weight imbalance.
Gizmo3000

Postby T8terTotz » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:54 am

Should the pitch the control wire have 3 wires or two? Mine only has two. Where on the control board does it connect to? I'd upload pics but the forum says the board attachment quota had been reached.
T8terTotz

Postby RedFishChaser » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:51 am

I had bought a Goodluckbuy Gimbal also recently and it did the same thing when I had connected the power. It appears that the problem was that the bottom tilting platform that holds the GoPro was rotated once over. I don't know if that makes sense, but I turned one rotation over and that did the trick where it's now stabilized even without a GoPro mounted on it. Good luck!
If I had wings, I'd fly. For now, I'll fly RC's!
RedFishChaser

Postby jumanoc » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:56 am

T8terTotz wrote:Should the pitch the control wire have 3 wires or two? Mine only has two. Where on the control board does it connect to? I'd upload pics but the forum says the board attachment quota had been reached.

Check my answer in this post, is that your board model ? this member got it working...

http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2904
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
jumanoc

Next

• Advertisement

Return to General Discussion