Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Zoom capable cameras?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by ffiisshh0, Jan 24, 2016.

1. ffiisshh0

Although relative newb here, Iv had a PII V+ for year and 1/2, and my PIIIA for about 6 months. As much as I love watching the live feed and great video. I so badly want to zoom in so many times. Im sure there are cameras available that may work with these birds, is anyone familiar with any, can share . Thanx

2. DroneDestination

I don't think there are any, at least not ones that will work with the integrated downlink systems.

3. Davphys

Actually the Yuneec Tornado (Professional) series has a 3x optical zoom.

4. Jeriami

Someone has done it, although it is a permanent zoom after you make the modification, i do not think they sell kits to do this, as he makes it sound like all parts to this system he made are custom.

5. JFHughes08088

No way can the gimbal support the weight of that telephoto lens. If you watch the video, it never shows a picture of the Phantom with the lens...I call BS on this one.

6. Jussaguy

It has an exact replica of the Panasonic GH4 which is a pretty good prosumer camera. It's better than any camera that comes integrated so far.

For a better camera on a DJI, you would need to put your own on a S1000 or now S9000. Still my favorite bird for actual shooting is by far the S1000 although the pure joy of flying a Phantom cant be beat.