Zip tie mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I had the AR drone 2.0 before and did the "zip-tie mod", which really helped with the occasional hard landings. I felt the Phantom could benefit from this too. Just had to epoxy the joints to make sure it stays put.

Not only does it soften the landings, but gives about 2cm of additional height and clearing for the camera, so you can take off in grass without getting the gimbal motor obstruction error.

Usually I hand catch when conditions are right like no wind, 50+ degree weather, on a boat, etc. But there are some times where you just have to manually land it. So i usually hover it just a few inches off the ground and throttle left stick down all the way.

On my old p1, I would hand catch all the time, but once i did it in 10 degrees weather, and the leg snapped in half from being too brittle and I almost lost a few fingers, so I'm much more careful now.

I'm sure overtime, the multiple, few inch drops may loosen some contacts and wires in the Phantom, and this just us a preventative measure.

Also, unlike the foam thing people are doing, wind has less of an affect in it

Anyways, here is a picture and I'm open to constructive criticism.[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1417390825092.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1417390880823.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417390880823.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417390880823.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 441
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member