Zenmuse trouble after crash

Reaction score
Crashed into a tree yesterday, and broke the Zenmuse bracket (same place they all break, by the screw holes). I fixed the bracket with some light fiberglass cloth and epoxy resin, but now notice that the gimbal is acting funny. At rest, powered up, it's not level, tilted slightly to the right (facing the aircraft). Previously, the gimbal would go from straight ahead to straight down, but now it starts about 30 degrees above straight ahead, and goes to about 30 degrees from straight down.

Also, when the aircraft is rotated horizontally, like when calibrating the compass, the gimbal rotates about 45 degrees as though correcting for roll.

The X1 switch, when moved just about 2 mm from straight ahead, takes the gimbal to the entire range of motion.

I've tried to calibrate with instructions from this post,http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11422, but nothing changes.

Is this gimbal bricked? Is there a way to repair it? Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_0127.JPG
    IMG_0127.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_0128.JPG
    IMG_0128.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 455
I'm afraid your gimbal is broken. I've had the same issue before, after a crash the gimbal's motors seemed fine but when I was rotating my phantom, the gimbal was rotating as well as correcting for roll.
The gimbal is very fragile and almost every single time you crash it will break. I've had to replace it a couple times already :cry:

That's what I was afraid of, but pretty sure it was finished. An expensive lesson.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik