Zenmuse Tilt Angles

Reaction score
Ok I just got my new Zenmuse and installed it on my Freshly built F-550. I am using a Futaba T8J and have channel 5 on my VR knob. I cant seem to figure out how to stop the tilt angle at 0 it will go 30 degrees up and 90 degrees down, but I would rather it stop looking straight ahead. Tried turning the gimbal on in the Naza assistant and adjusting the tilt there but nothing I did seems to make a difference. Tried adjusting end points on the radio and that made no difference either.

Anyway, with the price drop I just couldn't resist, and I am glad I did. The integration and wiring is much better than a Tarot or Beholder Lite, you can get to your sd card, you don't need extra cables connected to the usb on the camera, I have a iOSD Mini hooked up with my Fatshark equipment and it works Great....

Racer38 said:
Ok figured it out ! Works perfect...
I have the same set-up(being delivered tomorrow). What did you figure out with the Futaba 8J and the gimbal that caused the issue, and what did you do to solve it?
Thanks

havasuphoto said:
Racer38 said:
Ok figured it out ! Works perfect...
I have the same set-up(being delivered tomorrow). What did you figure out with the Futaba 8J and the gimbal that caused the issue, and what did you do to solve it?
Thanks

I just had to calibrate the X1 Channel using the VR knob then set one of the end points to zero and it stops straigh ahead. I dont like the way the knob operates the tilt so I am going to try and set up a curve for it. I'll keep you posted.

Alright. I'm not sure how mine's set-up yet. It arrives tomorrow. Had someone else build and set it all up, so we'll see how they did it.

havasuphoto said:
Alright. I'm not sure how mine's set-up yet. It arrives tomorrow. Had someone else build and set it all up, so we'll see how they did it.

Well on the VR knob you cant really change the throw of the knob one way is up the other is down so you have to keep that in mind. You can set up a switch in the Pmix as I have done that will tilt to say 45 degree's and 90 degrees if its a 3 way switch. I may upgrade to a radio with sliders in the future but for now the T8J will work for me.

Racer38 said:
havasuphoto said:

Well on the VR knob you cant really change the throw of the knob one way is up the other is down so you have to keep that in mind. You can set up a switch in the Pmix as I have done that will tilt to say 45 degree's and 90 degrees if its a 3 way switch. I may upgrade to a radio with sliders in the future but for now the T8J will work for me.
I think my Futaba is just an 8J....I don't remember seeing the T. Don't know if it matters or not. As for configuring the positions-I may be fine with that-I'll just have to see how it plays out in what I plan on doing.

Also; isn't there a momentary on/off-center off, spring-loaded switch that's not being used? Meaning one of the top switches that would springload back to center-then momentary forward or back, and spring back to center? That would be ideal.

Another problem with the "jog dial", depending on how your flying is-you will need a 3rd hand to operate it!!! When shooting for "production companies", camera angle matters, and time is money. So, IF I can get it configured to tilt to any position, I may use my FPV screen with an HDMI out, to another "Director" monitor next to me-and have an assistant, who's only job is to put his finger on that switch and operate the tilt.

Got my set-up, and it's working. I turn the VR knob left from center and the camera will tilt down. To stop, I turn the knob back to center. Tilt up-turn the knob to the right, then back to center to stop.
Haven't flow it yet with the Gimbal working. Only made 1 flight-and didn't know I had to enable the Zenmous in the software until after that flight-and now it's too windy.
So, we'll see how well it works out in a few days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20