Zenmuse tilt angles reversed? - SOLVED

Reaction score
Hello,

I've read the other posts and this problem seems different than others who are having tilt problems.

I installed the Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal with the new circuit board in the Phantom, and the little lever that comes with the board to control the tilt angle on the transmitter.

I followed the directions meticulously, turning the X1 pot clockwise 90 degrees, before installing the lever.

Upon startup, and after running the Naza Assistant calibration and installing all the updates, the GoPro/Gimbal points straight ahead, and then when sliding the lever, it tilts up to point at the front of the Phantom.

While the Phantom was on, I opened up the transmitter/controller and rotated the pot to ensure that the gimbal fully moved, and full movement can be achieved easily with the pot rotation.

However, because the lever on the transmitter only works at 90-degree contact points with the pot, the options are either straight forward and tilt up to the front of the Phantom, or tilt straight down and tilt up slightly forward. The degree of tilt is only about 15-20 degrees.

Also, I noticed that it tilts up quickly, but returns down very slowly.

I've read about replacing the pot and tilt lever with a new pot on the transmitter/controller, but I'm not up for that just yet. I want to make sure that the Gimbal and software is working correctly before hacking the unit just to fix a deficiency.

Any ideas on what is going on?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Michael

Re: Zenmuse tilt angles reversed?

I am guessing you need to calibrate X1 Channel in Naza Assistant. It's what it sounds like to me. You won't have full movement of the tilt until you do that. Plug in the Phantom. First verify all firmware is up to date. If so, go under the RC section and you can select and option under X1 to calibrate. Select that and then move the lever on the back of your TX through the full range of travel several times. Then select finish in Naza Assistant. Power cycle the phantom and give it a try after that. Hope this helps you mntnmike!

Re: Zenmuse tilt angles reversed?

DiscoDrew said:
I am guessing you need to calibrate X1 Channel in Naza Assistant. It's what it sounds like to me. You won't have full movement of the tilt until you do that. Plug in the Phantom. First verify all firmware is up to date. If so, go under the RC section and you can select and option under X1 to calibrate. Select that and then move the lever on the back of your TX through the full range of travel several times. Then select finish in Naza Assistant. Power cycle the phantom and give it a try after that. Hope this helps you mntnmike!

Thank you, Drew!

That was it! So thankful for this community and all the support it provides!

Cheers,
Michael

Sweet, glad I could help Mike! Nice follow up too and 'closing' of the post, helps others see what works versus just seeing a dead thread. Hate that, some folks get the info, fix their problem and move on. This helps nobody but themselves in the process.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj