Zenmuse Problem

Reaction score
Greetings!

I just got my new Phantom 2 all setup using the directions here (same equipment): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL8pqtEDuos

Everything powers up and appears fine, except the Zenmuse is not initializing/starting. I activated it in the software... but am I missing something else? The cable seems secure and GoPro is powered ON.

Also doesn't see the Zenmuse from Assistant Software and I'm using a GoPro Hero 3+.

I bought from B&H and starting to wonder if its defective?

When I made the change to turn gimbal swithc ON in software, does it happen right away or is there an 'Update' button?

tonydotigr said:
When I made the change to turn gimbal swithc ON in software, does it happen right away or is there an 'Update' button?

No experience with the Zenmuse here, but I do know that there isn't an "Update" button in the Assistant software - it seems the changes are made immediately.

Likely doesn't help, but good luck with your issue! I'm sure it's just a step you're missing and not a defective product.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Fink said:
tonydotigr said:

No experience with the Zenmuse here, but I do know that there isn't an "Update" button in the Assistant software - it seems the changes are made immediately.

Likely doesn't help, but good luck with your issue! I'm sure it's just a step you're missing and not a defective product.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

I sure hope so, this is driving me nuts!

Attached is photo. FPV seems to be working fine. Just Zenmuse is not starting up.

Photo shows unit off, but also tried with it mounted several times. Was off for additional testing.

Attachments

• photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    584.4 KB · Views: 620
I was told my a retailer tech support to have the gimbal "on-off" switch set to "off". You only turn it "on" if you're using a 3rd party gimbal, other than Zenmuse

Austo87 said:
I was told my a retailer tech support to have the gimbal "on-off" switch set to "off". You only turn it "on" if you're using a 3rd party gimbal, other than Zenmuse

Thanks good to know. I've tried both ON and OFF, no luck.

Have you tried calibrating the camera tilt leverin the assistant software?

Need to do that especially after an upgrade

Madkeen said:
Have you tried calibrating the camera tilt leverin the assistant software?

Need to do that especially after an upgrade

Yeah. Went thru the process of updating the remote firmware, calibrating, and then upgraded the firmware on controller.

Its not even seeing the gimbal. Again it doesn't even attempt to power up. The only thing that happens is I can hear the GoPro beep when I plug into gimbal.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 578
Austo87 said:
News to me, I have my gimbal switch set to 'ON' in the assistant, but if this were the case it would make sense that changing the 'Manual Speed Control' value does absolutely nothing to the H3-2D tilt speed.

Fink said:
No experience with the Zenmuse here, but I do know that there isn't an "Update" button in the Assistant software - it seems the changes are made immediately.]
There should be, as there is with all firmware. See my post images here for what you should see.

If the assistant isn't even recognising the gimbal, something major is up. First quit the app, unplug the USB, then turn the Phantom off. Turn it on again, plug the USB back, then open the app again... see if anything changes. Failing that, I would open the Phantom and check the Zenmuse plug is seated correctly on the main board.

If all else fails, sounds like you may have a dud H3-2D, there are a lot of them about by all accounts. I had a new one a couple weeks ago which wouldn't work or update. Sent it back to the dealer and the replacement works and updated just fine.

More info on my dead gimbal can be found here.

Thanks Jaybee - Yeah everything "appears" to be working, plugged-in etc.

I contacted B&H today and they are sending me another one. Hopefully that does the trick.

I'll follow-up just in case someone else has this problem. It was tough finding any information.

Have you made sure the 8 pin connector is plugged in all the way. It may not quite be plugged in far enough. Or sitting a bit crooked.

I had a similar problem, just needed to plug the connector in an extra millimeter and everything worked.

Yeah its all the way in, checked that numerous times. Also checked connection on the system board.

Does your connection look like this?

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    527.2 KB · Views: 390
Yes, looks like it is all the way in.

Hope the new one arrives soon and fixes the problem.

So I installed a new Zenmuse and it still won't turn ON, initialize, and not showing up in P2 Assistance Program.

Any ideas what I do now? I ordered from B&H.

Adding My two cents: I got the Phantom 2 with Zenmuse gimbal and it worked fine after putting it together. But then after I Upgraded the firmware on the Phantom and it's transmitter, the pitch control for the gimbal stopped working.

What I did wrong: I did the Firmware updates to the TX and Aircraft (main controller) in the WRONG ORDER which caused the gimbal pitch control to STOP WORKING

How I fixed it: Redid the firmware updates to the tx and aircraft in the CORRECT ORDER (steps 1 thru 4) including calibrations as follows below:

1) Plug in the remote controller with the provided usb cable and Use the PHANTOM RC Assistant software to upgrade the Remote Controller firmware to V1.0.1.11.
2) Calibrate the sticks and X1 channel of the Remote Controller using PHANTOM RC Assistant software.
3) Now Plug in the aircraft with the provided usb cord and Use the PHANTOM 2 Assistant software to upgrade the Gimbal IMU firmware to V1.8 on the Upgrade page.
4) After upgrade completed, calibrate the X1 channel of Main controller using PHANTOM 2 Assistant software,
then the PHANTOM 2 will work well with H3-2D.

So in conclusion....update the firmware on the transmitter first and calibrate it..........then update firmware for the aircraft (maincontroller) and calibrate it as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.