Zenmuse on the Vision

Reaction score
Heeey awesome forum!
just got my Vision and have flied it only for 5 batteries due to bad weather here in Norway, but soo much fun. I have already realized that to take nice videos u need a 3 axis Gimble. Does anyone know if the zenmuse can be easily mounted to the vision and if the tilt control from the app will work. making a little cradle for the Vision camera shouldn't be to difficult... I Don't want to change the camera to Gopro, i'm quite happy with the Vision camera. :)

ooops i meant 2 axis.... soo noob today!

Right now the Zenmuse for the Hero is a 2 axis. A significant step up in my opinion from the Vision.

With any luck we may hear of a new gimbal at CES.

There are currently 2 third-party gimbals available that I know of using the Vision camera. One is for sale by www.droneexpert.nl, shipping now and quite expensive, but self-contained. The other is being developed by www.rotorpixel.com and will require either a separate power supply or soldering into the Vision supply, so not quite as plug and play as the droneexpert one - it's not out yet but will almost certainly be cheaper.

The Zenmuse works wight the Vision 2 right out of the box. There is a Zenmuse connector directly on the main board, and the base of the Vision has threaded inserts for screws that match the mounting pattern of the Zenmuse mount. Now for the bad news, you will get nicely stabilized video but no tilt control. The camera defaults to a level position, and as of right now, the firmware does not allow control to it. If an update that will is forthcoming, I don't know.

I installed a V2 Naza-M controller on the Vision 2 just to see if it would work, and it does, beautifully with all functions working, but that is a very drastic solution. I happened to have the Naza-M for a Flamewheel build, so it was easy enough to try it. So it is definitely a limitation built in thru the firmware.

D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20