Zenmuse not sitting at 90 degree

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have installed new upgrade board and my zenmuse, all is tested and working beautifully.
However! when adjusting the gimbal with my tilt lever the GoPro when fully up rests at about 100-110 degree pointing up rather than resting at 90 degree straight.

I have tried playing the gimbal settings in the Naza Assistant and whatever setting I put in it makes 0% difference?

Which firmware version are you using? The latest if 1.8
http://www.dji.com/download/zenmuse-h3-2d-gimbal-downloads/

In version 1.4, the full up tilt would be past 90 degree's, and was actually preferred by a few of us, so we could tilt the camera up, to protect the lens on landing.
However, version 1.4 had a bad habit of entering "hibernation" mode, briefly, while in flight, for no particular reason.

1.6 fixed the hibernation issue, and also limited the max up tilt to 90 degree's-or level. But, the tilt was jerky and too fast.

1.8 smoothed out the tilt, so it's no longer jerky when it starts/stops. However, it's still tilts too fast for most people. Adjustments in Naza for the Gimbal do nothing....that's for 3rd part gimbal adjustments.

Just make sure when you upgrade your firmware, that you read the instructions first!! Version 1.8 requires you to upgrade your remote control first(If you have a Phantom 2-I think), and also calibrate the X1(tilt) lever first. Also, IF you have version 1.4, and you don't have any issues(other than it tilts up to look at the props), and can live with that....I would leave it alone. Just get used to wear "level" is, and maybe make a mark where your tilt lever should be on a piece of masking tape, next to the tilt lever.
1.4 has the smoothest tilt...it's not "real time", so it's slower.....once you update your firmware, it's very difficult to go back.

My transmitter has not got a USB port inside, also I updated to 1.4 and my assistant is saying that is the latest available..

OK, on your firmware page, what version do you have for the GCU? IMU???
Is yours a Phantom 1.1.1 with the ability to upgrade the Zen's firmware via the USB cable?

Like I said in the above post-1.4 will til partially up, that's normal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr