Zenmuse h3-3d usb jack not standard mini usb?

Reaction score
It doesnt fit into a standard usb mini femal jack. What am i doimg wrong? Are there more than one type of mini usb jacks?

What are you trying to do? I have the HD-2D and there is no USB connection on it I am aware of, not sure about the 3D.
Got a pic? I would assume you need to update and such via the PC assistant like the HD-2D.

To the left of the gimbal... or is that some sort of extension the person who had the drone before me added?

Attachments

• 1449013140869.jpg
    1449013140869.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 613
The part on the leg or the ribbon micro USB plug?
That USB is for the Gopro. Normally you would connect to the Mini USB port on the quad itself under the rubber cover on the front. It is used to update the quad, etc.
The plug on the leg (can-bus) is typically used for the iOSD Mini which displays the telemetry on your FPV screen.

1449013140869.jpg

Will that ribbon work with a non- gopro camera with the same port?

I don't know if the pinout on that is the same as other cams but it may work.
Is the plug on your cam in the same location as a Gopro? Plug her in and find out! :)

I dont have the camera yet. And ijust figured out that the camera does not output video through usb... i guess ill get a gopro...

Pick up a new or used 3 or 3+ Black model if budget is an issue. They both shoot 4K, etc. Always try to buy the Black version of any Gopro as that one has the most features.
If you get a 3+ don't update it whatever you do (came out Sept.2015)as Gopro removed the video output via USB for some stupid reason.

If I get a used one that has been updated is there a way go back to a previous version?

So how do I avoid getting a camera with the recent updates? Ask the person I get it from?

So how do I avoid getting a camera with the recent updates? Ask the person I get it from?

There is no way to know in advance what firmware GP camera has when purchasing online unless the seller discloses that info. When you buy a GP camera take a short video or a photo put the in your computers reader and open the misc file there you will find which firmware it has. If the camera you buy online happens to have the latest firmware update there is a workaround that does work. At the present time we do not know if GP has an effective way to rollback the latest firmware.

The USB connector is a standard connector which the all GoPro 2 4 use.

If the other versions are like the H3BLK it shows the version on startup. Just ask the seller to check, it's simple.

View attachment 37044

With four of these GoPro cameras from the 2-4 I never noticed the version in the window

HERO3+ Black Edition Camera

AVOID THIS VERSION!

Current software version: HD3.11.03.03
Wi-Fi version: 4.0.36.1
Release date: 09/02/2015

old software versions: HD3.11.03.00
Wi-Fi version: 4.0.36.1
release date: 02/10/2015

old software versions: HD3.11.02.00
Wi-Fi version: 4.0.26.0
release date: 03/06/2014

old software versions: HD3.11.01.04
release date: 10/01/2013

old software versions: HD3.11.01.00 or HD3.11.01.01. (Note: The two firmware versions were done for production purposes and has no impact on camera functionality)
release date: 10/01/2013

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20