Zenmuse H3 3D ribbon replacement

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to replace the ribbon which conveniently broke the first rough encounter. I have a spare included in my kit. I am a newbie to wiring so I am hoping there is a fairly easy solution.
Also if anybody is supplying these soon I'm sure others would be interested in getting a few spares.

Greets!

I just replaced mine as well. And yes, I will be buying several spares one I can locate them.

It was not that difficult. Remove the ribbon cable from the connector. I used small needle nose pliers to detach it. Then unscrew the small printed circuit board (4 screws) to allow easy access to the connector and nice and gently insert the new flat ribbon into the connector. Re-attach the board to the gimble with the 4 screws and you're done.

CHEERS!

Thanks for the replies. I purchased 2 more from B&H today but it doesn't look like they include the tape or the new USB jack like the one you have suggested.
The four screws on the board are on the front of the gimbal, those are ones to remove? I suspect there are more delicate wires underneath I do not want to break?
Does the USB jack where the ribbon wire connects to it flip up?

photoman said:
Thanks for the replies. I purchased 2 more from B&H today but it doesn't look like they include the tape or the new USB jack like the one you have suggested.
The four screws on the board are on the front of the gimbal, those are ones to remove? I suspect there are more delicate wires underneath I do not want to break?
Does the USB jack where the ribbon wire connects to it flip up?

No need to take out any screws just to replace that cable. The little sticker on the back will lift up and you can see where the ribbon cable connects. And yes both on the USB port end and the gimbal end the ports for the ribbon cable have a little lever that needs to be flipped up when you're inserting or removing.

are there other options ?

While I love my new phantom 2, I can't understand why they designed such a flimsy paper thin video out cable from the gopro to the h3-3d gimbal. First one tore unpacking the tape off the gimbal, second one died last weekend while checking to see if the micro memory card was in the camera.....4 replacements on order with BH, but I'm curious if there is something specifically proprietary about these cables, or if any 8 pin cable would suffice (fer example, one computer store gave me an older cable from the pre-sata hard drives to try, if I'm willing to risk it).

any thoughts/suggestions gratefully accepted, cause I don't wanna wait till august to get my fpv working again....<sigh>

Ah mine just broke too! What a PIA and a terrible design. Can't believe that after six flights this broke????? I am careful to remove it. I always remove the sd card to watch my flights. And to charge the go pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers