Zenmuse h3-3d on phantom vision plus

Reaction score
My original gimbal is properly dead but the camera works fine and I wonder If I can install zenmuse gimbal but with the dji camera .
Any try it?

Zenmuse gimbals are factory balanced for the GoPro cameras they were designed for, and can't be adjusted. If you mount something that isn't the same size, shape and weight distribution as a GoPro Hero 3 then the gimbal won't work - that and the mount isn't universal, it's made just for GoPros...

I just fixed mine. It was doing the same thing. If you remove the four (4) screws on the back side of the camera, you will see where the black ribbon meets the circuit board. Mine had some how come loose. You will need a magnifying glass, but check to see if that ribbon has come loose or is out of place and reset it. After repair power on and check to see if has reset.

You mean that your phantom gimbal moving like crazy and after you reconnect the cable behind the camera the problem fix?

alexf1 said:
My original gimbal is properly dead but the camera works fine and I wonder If I can install zenmuse gimbal but with the dji camera .
Any try it?

Just a similar question:

Just to make it clear. Can I remove the entire vision plus camera and gimbal and turn it into a Phantom 2 with no Camera?
Can I then purchase a Zenmuse H3-3D or H3-2D and attach a GoPro and FPV etc?

Thanks

Mako79 said:
Just a similar question:

Just to make it clear. Can I remove the entire vision plus camera and gimbal and turn it into a Phantom 2 with no Camera?

I don't think you would have a problem removing the Vision+ camera and installing the Zenmuse H3-3D/2D and a GoPro. Hit record and fly. Stop recording when you land. Where the problem will come in is with FPV. Unless you can figure some way to integrate the Zenmuse into the Vision+ gimbal base, you will lose the Vision+ FPV system. That means you will need to add your own FPV system, as well as your own iOSD module if you want telemetry. The Phantom with H3-3D utilizes 2.4 Ghz for control, and 5.8 for FPV. The Vision/Vision+ are opposite. Unless you switch the Vision+ controller & receiver to 2.4 Hhz, or can find a 2.4 Ghz FPV system (most FPV systems are 5.8 Ghz), you will have interference issues. Finally, though the higher-end GoPros offer better video than the Vision+ camera, they do NOT offer the Vision+ ability to change things in the air. You can't change settings, switch between video & camera, etc.. in the air. In fact, you hit record BEFORE you take off, and stop recording when you are back on the ground. It just seems like a lot of work & expense to modify a Vision/Vision+ to the Zemuse/GoPro system.

Dirty Bird said:
Mako79 said:
Just a similar question:

I don't think you would have a problem removing the Vision+ camera and installing the Zenmuse H3-3D/2D and a GoPro. Hit record and fly. Stop recording when you land. Where the problem will come in is with FPV. Unless you can figure some way to integrate the Zenmuse into the Vision+ gimbal base, you will lose the Vision+ FPV system. That means you will need to add your own FPV system, as well as your own iOSD module if you want telemetry. The Phantom with H3-3D utilizes 2.4 Ghz for control, and 5.8 for FPV. The Vision/Vision+ are opposite. Unless you switch the Vision+ controller & receiver to 2.4 Hhz, or can find a 2.4 Ghz FPV system (most FPV systems are 5.8 Ghz), you will have interference issues. Finally, though the higher-end GoPros offer better video than the Vision+ camera, they do NOT offer the Vision+ ability to change up in the air. You can't settings, switch between video & camera, etc.. in the air. In fact, you hit record BEFORE you take off, and stop recording when you are on the ground. It just seems like a lot of work & expense to modify a Vision/Vision+ to the Zemuse/GoPro system.

Once again. Hats off. You're a legend here.

I only ask as an option (knock on wood) that my gimbal and camera don't go AWOL.
I have heard many times people forgetting to hit record before flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers