Zenmuse H3-3D on Origanal P2

Reaction score
So has anyone put one of these on the original P2 yet without the special mounting plate (i.e. makeing the hole on the bottom bigger)? If so let's see your work. I want to know if it can be done because I would rather not use the adapter plate. Also, I was wondering what the battery life is compaired to H3-2D.

I was wondering the same thing. I had heard rumours of the gimbal maybe touching the battery thru the hole (maybe fixed by adding washers to make it standoff a little)? Also, something about an "interference" board having to be added for the H3 3D gimbal to work properly for FPV?

You can't be telling me that no one has put one of these on the original P2 yet?? If you have please let us know what you did and maybe a picture if you have one.

Kevinski said:
Check the DJI video, there is an adapter spacer for the P2.0

Thanks,

Kev

I know this, but i know there were people that said they would just open up the hole instead of using the adapter. Also i heard the first batch do not come with the adapter.

shartlza said:
You can't be telling me that no one has put one of these on the original P2 yet?? If you have please let us know what you did and maybe a picture if you have one.
Hardly surprising considering they're not out yet.

Dremel. Or kitchen knife. Or a hammer! Making a hole bigger should not be a challenge even for the DIY challenged.

Sorry, I thought I remeber seeing people here say that they picked up the H3-3D from a local vendor and I was just wondering if there was anyone out there that put it on. I am sure it would be very easy to DIY it (not with a hammer though :lol: )

ianwood said:
Dremel. Or kitchen knife. Or a hammer! Making a hole bigger should not be a challenge even for the DIY challenged.

Making the hole - not a problem. Does the gimbal fit? Problem.

Really wondering, if I make a hole for the gimbal, will it hit the battery? Not so into using the adapter which will make the H3-3D sit lower. I kind of wonder about that because the H2 seems to barely fit without touching the ground right now. Making a hole seems like the way to go, or pointless if there's no room inside.

Guess we need to wait a couple of weeks to know for sure.

Eos630 said:
ianwood said:

Making the hole - not a problem. Does the gimbal fit? Problem.

Really wondering, if I make a hole for the gimbal, will it hit the battery? Not so into using the adapter which will make the H3-3D sit lower. I kind of wonder about that because the H2 seems to barely fit without touching the ground right now. Making a hole seems like the way to go, or pointless if there's no room inside.

Guess we need to wait a couple of weeks to know for sure.
Making a hole will simply replicate the slightly different new shell design, which as far as I can tell, is identical aside from this larger hole. So there shouldn't be a problem with the battery.

As far as any of us can tell without actually trying it.

What we need is for someone with the P2+ to remove the battery and take a photo of the cavity.

I just installed the H3-3D on my original Phantom 2. Cutting out the hole on the bottom is no problem with the Dremel.
The top of the Yaw Motor does hit the bottom of the battery!! It will bounce up against the battery when flying!
I added some small 1/4" Nylon Spacers Between the Gimbal Mounting Plate and the bottom of the P2. But, You will need longer screws.. I happened to have the longer screws from the P2 Prop Guards that I never installed. The Yaw motor is now clear of the battery compartment. Had I known I would need to ad spacers, I would not have cut out the hole. I also have the Tall Landing gear on my P2 so the additional lowering of the gimbal does not affect me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik