Zenmuse H3-3D o DYS 3d Gimbal?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know this is DJI type forum... but has anyone got an experience with using a DYS 3D gimbal on a Phantom 2 ?

It seems that it's much more configurable that the Zenmuse as you have access to the setup software for the DYS gimbal controller.
as per this video: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkEEBEzGJCk[/youtube]

Any user feedback on this ?

Hi,
I am currently trying my third attempt at a DYS smart 3 axis on my Phantom 1. The first two had issues but the third seems ok for now. Overall the 3 axis work well and unlike the zenmuse footage have not had the leg appear in shot when yawing. But I do get a lot (and I mean a lot) of side to side vibrations. Mainly when the craft is moving and worse when ascending. The rubber dampeners are meant to be too soft and people recommend the tarot dampeners. I have ordered some of those. If I shake the Phantom around by hand you can see the gimbal wobble on those dampeners and am not surprised this appears so much on the footage.
The fixing spacers it comes with were designed for the Phantom 1 where you have two screw holes on the bottom of the craft. So that might be an issue fitting to a Phantom 2.

HTH

bill

fly-catchers said:
Hi,
I am currently trying my third attempt at a DYS smart 3 axis on my Phantom 1. The first two had issues but the third seems ok for now. Overall the 3 axis work well and unlike the zenmuse footage have not had the leg appear in shot when yawing. But I do get a lot (and I mean a lot) of side to side vibrations. Mainly when the craft is moving and worse when ascending. The rubber dampeners are meant to be too soft and people recommend the tarot dampeners. I have ordered some of those. If I shake the Phantom around by hand you can see the gimbal wobble on those dampeners and am not surprised this appears so much on the footage.
The fixing spacers it comes with were designed for the Phantom 1 where you have two screw holes on the bottom of the craft. So that might be an issue fitting to a Phantom 2.

HTH

bill

Hi.
This may or may not help...
I was testing out 3 leaf foldable props. In order for it to fly nice, I adjusted gain settings to 200% on all. When I reverted back to original DJI props, the camera shook side to side. The footage was full of jello. Try setting your gains to default. If they are on default, drop them back 10% at a time.

Because I set 200% setting on all, I do not know which setting would be the culprit. I did a default setting and now my camera does not shake side to side.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31