Zenmuse H3-3D makes noise

Reaction score
My Zenmuse H3-3D makes noise at 90 degrees (looking straight ahead) but goes away when tilted down. If I touch the back gimbal the sounds goes away as though it is a vibration. Do other Zenmuse H3-3D owners have this noise issue? It is on my DJI Phantom 2 with a GoPro Hero3+ Silver Edition. Below is the video of the noise as I tilt the camera up and down

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT47Sor7BIo[/youtube]

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Touching the side gimbal that controls the tilt also gets rid of the noise and I can feel the vibration there.

Try fitting the GoPro the other way round and see if it gois away.

IrishSights said:
Try fitting the GoPro the other way round and see if it gois away.

+!

You have the gopro around the wrong way. I turned mine around the wrong way and just tested it - Mine makes the same noise.

Why?

Its because the gopro has a certain center of gravity, and centre of mass. So the gimbal is trying to balance it on that side, where more weight is.

Usually the weight is centered more when its put on the gimbal correctly :p

On the basis this is a v1 H3-3D how is this even possible? :roll: The GoPro interface would get in the way unless, possibly you are trying to operate the gopro in the gimbal without a battery in the GoPro ! (Another No No)

You HAVE read the manual and actually looked at the installation pictures I presume???????? :?:

I personally think Zenmuse should have reversed there design so that the tilt gimbal is on the other side allowing the lens of the GoPro to be more centered. But that's beyond the point. Does anybody else have this sound issue (having the GoPro installed right side up)?

Mines very quiet even though I have a polarizing filter attached and counter weighted

Here's an update: Up until now I hadn't attached the thin video-out ribbon cable because I am not shooting FPV currently. After all the talk about weight and balance I decided to put it on. The noise has gone down quite a bit now so I'm guessing it needed that extra weight. You can still hear it a little bit but it sounds more normal to me. Thanks for the comments that sparked the thought to try that!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj