Zenmuse H3-3D is it worth it?????

Reaction score
Hi Pilots,

i have a perfectly working P2 with Zenmuse H3-2D with FPV.
I am reading all this post and seeing people having problems with their Zenmuse H3-3D.
I am thinking about upgrading to Zenmuse H3-3D. Some videos are awesome, some have issues and jello.
So, is it worth it to upgrade?
Or should i just be happy with my Zenmuse H3-2D?
Any idea's or experiences from pilots out there?
I would like to hear your stories.

Ive had my hands on three p2 H3-3D all have severe jello issues, esp shooting during the day

Hi Damoncooper, did you upgrade to new firmware before
Installing?
What was the steps?
Do you have a tutorial video you can post?
Thanks a bunch

I've had my hands on one P2 H3-3D - no jello issues even when shooting in bright sun in strong winds (25mph gusting to 34mph)

If you are after the best footage possible, then the H3-3D is a better option and you will be able to tell the difference in the quality. If you decide to go the route of selling your H3-2D, then be aware that you will still need to mod your Phantom (I'm assuming you don't have the revised P2 made for the H3-3D). Not a major mod, but also not just plug and play. There is an adapter (haven't seen it yet on the market) that will allow you to use the new H3-3D with the older Phantom 2. OR, you can dremel a larger hole where the gimbal would sit. However, I've also read it wasn't as simple as just making a bigger hole since the motor was hitting the battery.

What did I do? I bought another P2 with the H3-3D. I still have my P2 with H3-2D, but it's mainly just a back-up.

Thanks for all the info.
I just put my 2D gimbal for sale ( it's brand new on eBay)and ordered a
New 3D.
B&H will have them in stock on May 8.

It will arrived end of next week.
I will keep you updated.

yes, but you are using an nd filter, which the P22D did not need, you shouldn't have to use an nd filter to get good results

panhygrous pantler said:
I've had my hands on one P2 H3-3D - no jello issues even when shooting in bright sun in strong winds (25mph gusting to 34mph)

ashleyg said:
yes, but you are using an nd filter, which the P22D did not need, you shouldn't have to use an nd filter to get good results

panhygrous pantler said:

Folks also use a ND filter on the 2D to limit jello.

historymaker06 said:
Thanks for all the info.
I just put my 2D gimbal for sale ( it's brand new on eBay)and ordered a
New 3D.
B&H will have them in stock on May 8.

It will arrived end of next week.
I will keep you updated.

Bad news from B&H. Their website still says anticipated availability for the h3-3d is tomorrow May 8th. I ordered one a few weeks back - just talked with Simon R on their chat support and he said they have not received a shipment from DJI and have no idea when it will be in :( it won't be available tomorrow.

Once you go 3-axis, it's hard going back.

Tho I've read people have had mixed results, some people have no issues at all, while others are experiencing jello.
I guess it depends on how well balanced your props and motors are, and how you fly and in what flying conditions.

mine came out of the box. did nothing to it other than fit the anti-interference board. rock steady (i'm guessing that'll jinx it now :) )

Bmews

I have finally got my Phantom 2 back with the H3 3D gimbal and FPV installed.
Today was the first time flying.
It is really nice. There;s no shaking or jello. The footage is very smooth.
I am very happy that i upgraded.
I can really say, it was worth it. My footage is now very cinematic and not shaky at all.
I am very satisfy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31