Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal tilt control

Reaction score
Greetings, all. I have spent the past couple of weeks researching this, as I don't want to bother anyone with simple problems. However, I can't seem to find a solution here or on other boards or sites.

I have a Phantom 2 with a Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal and a GoPro Hero3+ Silver. I seem unable to figure out how to make the gimbal tilt control on the Phantom remote to operate (nor the HomeLock, but that might be a different question).

I use Macintosh (OS 10.8.5) and have downloaded both the Phantom and PhantomRC applications and have updated the firmware.

I'm sure this is some simple issue I'm overlooking, but I sure could use a quick bit of help if you're able.

Many thanks in advance.

Andy

do you have an FPV system installed at all? Does the gimbal "work" in that it stabilizes the camera during flight / when Phantom is powered on?
what exactly happens when you move the X1 lever on the RC? absolutely nothing?

I don't have an FPV system installed. The gimbal does work during flight (and beautifully). I just can't get it to tilt.

Absolutely nothing happens when I move the X1 lever.

ok it's within the realm of possibility that something is broken, but less likely and we should try to research a few things first. I'm afraid I don't know the MAC software at all, but in the PC version of Phantom Assistant as well as RC Assistant, there is a tab (Basic / RC) where you can see the movements of the sticks live. I'm posting a picture below... ignore the red arrow but all those Command Sticks and X1 Monitor at the top: if you have the Phantom plugged in to usb and turn on, when you move the sticks on the RC you should see the little black hash marks move as well. Test X1, do you see any movement?
RC-failsafe.jpg

If you do NOT, I would suggest the following:
First use the RC Assistant (usb plugged into RC) and do an sticks and X1 calibration
Then plug the USB into the Phantom, turn it on and switch to Phantom Assistant. Again do the calibration for X1 lever... you may even have to do it twice.

If after all those calibrations the X1 lever hash thingy still does not even move in the Assistant software when you move the lever on the RC, I'm going to say something is wrong internally and you should consider contacting your vendor. Or possibly if you have a friend with a PC it may be worth trying real quick using a PC instead of a mac.

I plugged in the P2, turned it and the RC on and launched the Phantom software. When I moved the sticks, everything seemed to move OK on the center of the screen (A, E, T, R). Flipping the right switch from GPS to ATTI also moved the X2 monitor.

I take this as a good sign.

good sign, but you covered everything except for the X1 lever which is what controls your gimbal tilt :)

so when you move the little lever on the back of the RC, what does the X1 monitor / black hashmark do?

andyperdue said:
It does nothing.

[this is my sad face]

yea, if every single thing works fine except for that lever... and moving that lever does nothing in the softwares, something is wrong, probably in your RC. I'd contact your vendor

I had a DJI Phantom for a week and could never get the tilt control to work. DJI said it was probably broken and allowed me to return it. I tried over and over to get it to calibrate but it never moved. It works now but moves from down to up so fast it's unusable. I shoot most videos shooting forward rather than down

tvleaker said:
It works now but moves from down to up so fast it's unusable.
I've seen the solution to this exact issue (many complaints about that) somewhere but I can't remember where. I think is was on YouTube. I know a guy who has a Phantom specific channel there. I'll ask him. Hopefully I'll have a definitive answer for you soon. . .

ATC Drone Flyer said:
tvleaker said:
It works now but moves from down to up so fast it's unusable.
I've seen the solution to this exact issue (many complaints about that) somewhere but I can't remember where. I think is was on YouTube. I know a guy who has a Phantom specific channel there. Hopefully I'll have a definitive answer for you soon. . .
Here's your solution (I hope this helps): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_BUfs_ ... Q&index=37
The title of the video is: How to adjust your DJI Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal for smoother tilt movement

Here's a shout out to the channel founder: Good Day Simon! Love your YouTube Channel! Best wishes!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1