Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal on original p2 body

Reaction score
I ordered a phantom 2 and the new zenmuse h3-3d gimbal. However the p2 is not the very latest version with what I've heard to have a modified belly for the gimbal and preinstalled firmware. I will be able to use the gimbal with an extra mounting plate but my question is should I send it back and wait on the newer model? Is the only difference the "easier" mounting and firmware? Any other differences? I mean, it's not hard to upgrade the firmware. What are your opinions? Am I missing anything here? Thanks!

Jbrown83 said:
I ordered a phantom 2 and the new zenmuse h3-3d gimbal. However the p2 is not the very latest version with what I've heard to have a modified belly for the gimbal and preinstalled firmware. I will be able to use the gimbal with an extra mounting plate but my question is should I send it back and wait on the newer model? Is the only difference the "easier" mounting and firmware? Any other differences? I mean, it's not hard to upgrade the firmware. What are your opinions? Am I missing anything here? Thanks!

You can wait for a mounting plate, but I hear it will take maybe a few more weeks after the H3-3D is sent out for that to get done and to you. However, the other issue is weight. Even if it's only 10-15g for the plate and hardware, that's 10-15g you wouldn't need if you had been sent the correct P2, plus the plate will inevitably increase the height of the gimbal assembly, meaning it's going to hang closer to the ground or potentially even need leg extensions. I'd just send it back and get the right version.

Let me guess, you bought from Atlanta Hobby? They and a few other dealers have been very shady and putting that they had the P2 with H3-3D in stock when all they had was the P2 version 1. They mail out the version 1 with an email saying the H3-3D is back ordered and you will get it with the mount when it arrives. Problem is that you have to use a mount which adds weight and you get an outdated P2. You paid for a new Phantom 2 so you should get the new one. We know about the hole in the body that has changed but there could be a bunch of internal changes to the P2 version 2. I don't know for sure but since the P2 was launched, we have had the light bridge and the FPV hub. Its possible the new version has a plug and play setup that doesnt require the hub. Either way, I'd return it and demand what you paid for.

Which dealer did you get it from? Be careful with dealers. Not all are the same. UAVproducts, 1uas and B&H were my top three. After getting a used zenmuse from UAVproducts, I no longer use them. They stated "its brand new" and "all sales final" but since I had 3 zenmuse before it, I know exactly how they are boxed and it shouldn't be scratched from someone removing a screw. So at this time 1uas.com and B&H are my go to dealers. I prefer 1uas because they give you points and they have free shipping. Plus a larger catalog for aerial stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik